Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What brought you to the USA?

Wikiposts

What brought you to the USA?

Old Feb 11th 2006, 11:54 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What brought you to the USA?

Originally Posted by rushman
"Twicks"??? "TWICKS"???? Sure sign off a yuppy is abreviating a perfectly good town name into something barely recognisable. Honestly Sarah, stop pretending I know you really lived on the Ivy Bridge Estate
It's like calling Streatham...St. Reatham
Old Feb 11th 2006, 11:55 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

"Twicks"??? "TWICKS"???? Sure sign off a yuppy is abreviating a perfectly good town name into something barely recognisable. Honestly Sarah, stop pretending I know you really lived on the Ivy Bridge Estate

Actually I lived in Isleworth above a 24 hour bakery in a flat that constantly smelled of yeast, with 3 other girls.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sarah
Actually I lived in Isleworth above a 24 hour bakery in a flat that constantly smelled of yeast, with 3 other girls.
Well why didn't you find out who was the guilty one and send her to the doctor?

Anywhere near "The George"?
Old Feb 11th 2006, 12:00 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

sure it weren't the other girls?
Old Feb 11th 2006, 12:01 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
They have some very posh places in South London.......like Berm-on-Sea
Old Feb 11th 2006, 12:01 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

My mate used to pronounce Penge as Pon-jay to make it sound more posh.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 12:02 pm
Senior Moment

Anywhere near "The George"?

Can't have been too far, Isleworth isn't that big. We were above Mr Bun The Bakers on St Johns Rd about 2 miles from Hounslow
Old Feb 11th 2006, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

Can't have been too far, Isleworth isn't that big. We were above Mr Bun The Bakers on St Johns Rd about 2 miles from Hounslow
With The Iron Bridge Tavern at the top of the road and a tyre shop half way up on the left, towards the Hounslow end. I can remember the guys name that owned that Tyre shop because it was a peculiar name...Freddie Riddler.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Mmmm now there's lovely thought
lol not a pretty sight
Old Feb 11th 2006, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol not a pretty sight
I'll be the judge of that
Old Feb 11th 2006, 12:34 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
hey USB , California service center is really shifting the GC applications at the moment- ours took 5 months end to end ! my son had to have another medical, we only returned the RFE on 3rd Feb and had a GC in our hands for him yesterday - god knows whats going on
How did you and USB get priority dates for your GC applications? I thought that anyone over here applying for an employment based GC got torpedoed by the priority date retrogression last year?

Me, I came over here because I found a great company to work for, and they offered me an excellent job. Nearly three years on we're happy here with all the nice things that a good job brings (see Woodsey's post) and have no intention of going home. However, I'm still on an H1-B, and with my Labor Certification in limbo because of the priority date fiasco, I'm having to apply for a National Interest Waiver if I we hope to have a GC anytime soon! Either that works or we'll all be uprooted and returned unwillingly to the UK in three years! :scared:
Old Feb 11th 2006, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

I wasn't head hunted......I was head hounded by my USC wife and kids for 2 years prior. Been here 2 years and hate it. However, I'm not sure if I hate the US or I hate this US small town. I want to move somewhere theres a light on after 9pm and I don't feel like a feak for being up at midnight. I want to go to nice restaurants again, then a decent bar and have a few beers without some beered up logger wanting a fight with the only foreigner in town (brave ).

I am a city boy and I know I can't do this small town USA thing for the rest of my life. I drive 150 miles a day to go and work for someone else (haven't done that since I was 25).

To cap it all I live next door to my MIL.

The wife's happy, the kids are happy, I'm happy that they're happy but this isn't me.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 12:49 pm
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

WOW that sounds posh!! I went to school in St. Reatham, sounds so much better than "Stretam". lololol
Old Feb 11th 2006, 12:51 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynne
WOW that sounds posh!! I went to school in St. Reatham, sounds so much better than "Stretam". lololol
I'm not going to ask if you've been in the Greyhound then Lynne
Old Feb 11th 2006, 12:56 pm
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not going to ask if you've been in the Greyhound then Lynne

Yep, we used to go in there after skating at ice rink. I wonder if the pub is still there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.