Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Well now I know

Well now I know

Old May 26th 2004, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

honnymommy - you're sooo bad.

Isn't dolph one of those semi - celebs who interesting gained a "Degree" after they became famous?
Old May 26th 2004, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by USBound
honnymommy - you're sooo bad.

Isn't dolph one of those semi - celebs who interesting gained a "Degree" after they became famous?

I am bad????? No not me.... I'm a honeymommy with a greats sense of humour.... Little wicked at times but hey thats all good too....

Heres dolph's education.....

Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden.
University of Sydney in Sydney, Australia. Majored in chemical engineering (MA 1982).
Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, MA. Attended on Fulbright scholarship.

It was only after that he got into movies....

While on his way to Boston to continue his studies, he stopped in New York City and there his life took a radical turn. He met with noted drama coach Warren Robertson, and decided to give acting a try. After beating out 5,000 hopefuls and winning the role of Drago opposite Sylvester Stallone in "Rocky IV," Lundgren went on to star in many feature films.

HOWSAT!!!!

See body AND brains.....
Old May 26th 2004, 11:54 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by honeymommy
I wouldn't say no to a part of his chemical engineering...

Oops.... forgetting I am married with 4 kids.... "slaps self" OK all better now.....

Not an engineer myself, but wouldn't that be "mechanical engineering"?
Old May 26th 2004, 11:58 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
Not an engineer myself, but wouldn't that be "mechanical engineering"?
I'd have said Bioengineering myself
Old May 27th 2004, 12:44 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

bio/chemical/mechanical engineering ...........let's just say nuts and bolts.
Old May 27th 2004, 12:47 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by monster
bio/chemical/mechanical engineering ...........let's just say nuts and bolts.
Typical. Has his fun and then bolts.
Old May 27th 2004, 1:15 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
Typical. Has his fun and then bolts.
What about screws?
Old May 27th 2004, 1:20 am

Originally posted by lairdside
What about screws?
Well you do need them around the house from time to time.
Old May 27th 2004, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lesley1020
You all are SO right!!! He is a bastard through and through and a classic example of how people can portray themselves to be someone they are not.

I get a phone call an hour ago from him to say not to worry about coming to the airport - Dave is getting off work early to come get him as there have been "emegencies" that need to be attended to as soon as he gets of the flight. I didn't even say a word - just slammed down the phone. He calls back like 4 times tos ay its genuine and he can't help it and can we please go out on Friday night and/or he will bring the cat over etc or does he want them to keep her. Speechless. I said no forget it - just leave my stuff at the leasing office - and he said look let me bring it over Friday - it will possibly be the last time we will see each other if you go home - I said what happened to the weekend thing you talked about and he said oh Leslie (yeah another freaking joke - same name) wants me down there this weekend to help her pack. How ****ing nice. I hope they are very happy together.

He's dropping the stuff off Friday and we're not going to have any contact. Last thing he said to me - I love you and I'm so sorry the changes in my life have affected yours and if this hadn't happened I would have married you in a heartbeat. Oh yeah - and God is telling him to take his current course of action. Whoop de doo.
So where's leslie?????

I hope to god not at the airport....

P.S. They arrest people with shotguns at airport ya know......
Old May 27th 2004, 2:14 am
Howling at the Moon

So where's leslie?????

You know, a friend of mine has a favourite quote by a man named Randy Morrison. It goes like this:

"People are like teabags. You never know what flavour they are until you put them in hot water."

G-d is telling him - yeah right. I know a few people who receive direct instruction from G-d on a regular basis. The medication really helps though.

Hey guys! Guess what?. G-d just told me to call CPS in an attempt to spare that poor child from abuse at the hands of it's junkie mother and ineffectual father.........

When he comes crawling back will G-d have told him to do that too I wonder. Of course G-d can't make mistakes, perhaps he'll just have a revelation that he misinterpreted the "message" he was given..... I bet if he wanted to live with the baby's mother and see Leslie and sleep with her on the sly that G-d would say that was ok too.....

I wouldn't need a shotgun to cause absolute decimation at that airport. Exposing the truth would be far more effective.
Old May 27th 2004, 3:30 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

So where's leslie?????

I saw her browsing this afternoon. I was hoping she'd post, but maybe we've gone too far off topic for it to be comfortable right now. Sorry if we have, Leslie -we're just trying to provide the comic relief in the intermission.......
Old May 27th 2004, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all from the attention seeking junkie Can you tell that post irked me a teensy bit LOL - and to the person that posted it -all I can say to you is you have no clue what you are talking about. I came to this forum for advice (or perhaps as an outlet at that point) because I am very alone here and no, I don't have anyone else here at this point and certainly don't want to be burdening my family at home with phone calls like that worrying them sick with every detail. You folks have all been great and just not feeling like I can't "talk" about the situation helps a whole lot - and as a point someone else already made - I said nothing about anyone that would identify them.

In the end I did go to the airport - if only because I got a call from him early evening from Dallas saying that he only said not to because he didn't want to cause me further hurt.. Yeah, the last 24 hours have been very painful but I'm very glad I did because a lot of things are clarified now - and I know that he is not the horrible person I was starting to think he was - but rather weak and spineless. On the drive back we were pretty quiet but when I got in the car to leave and pack up my stuff he was upset to the point that there wasn't a doubt in my head that it wasn't genuine. In the end I didn't come home last night and we stayed up until the early hours talking about the whole situation. I will never understand why he's taking the route he is - but in his words, he feels like he owes it to the little one to make sure that she has a safe environment to live in - and with them there he feels he has some control over that. He doesn't want to be a weekend dad, and rather be there for her 24/7. There really is nowhere else to go from here, we cried a lot, talked a lot and spent the morning together going out had breakfast and for a walk - I can't hate him because I know he didn't set out to hurt me. Baby's mum has promised she is going to go clean blah blah. I hope she does, I really do. Ironically I couldn't get Amber (my cat) to come in when I was leaving to go to work this afternoon (me bad, I called in with an upset tummy this morning lol) so she is still over there but he is going to bring her over Friday night and call me nuts but as it's my birthday we are going out to dinner (I sure as hell ain't spending my birthday sitting in here crying) then his ready made family move in Saturday morning. He has told her that if she cleans her act up maybe they can try again and he feels like they should for the baby's sake - if she is willing to put the effort in. All pretty surreal I know, and I am surprised at myself for even being able to hold a civil conversation with him and it hurts like hell but I know the intentions aren't to hurt me but to protect his daughter from a potentially hellish situation.

I'm going to hang in here and see where things go in the next month or so. If I go home it's to no house, no car, no job. I have all of those here and I do love where I am living. Hopefully I will be able to meet some people soon but I think I just need some time to get my head around everything that's happened but I got this far and I'm going to try my best not to throw the towel in just yet.

Thanks again for all your help and advice - it really means a lot!
Old May 27th 2004, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by monster
I saw her browsing this afternoon. I was hoping she'd post, but maybe we've gone too far off topic for it to be comfortable right now. Sorry if we have, Leslie -we're just trying to provide the comic relief in the intermission.......
Hey the comic relief is much needed right now! I'm still figuring out the internet thing in work - I notice other folks use it for personal stuff but I am always peeking over my shoulder in case I get caught! LOL.
Old May 27th 2004, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

So lesley.... How about Dolph's nuts then????
Old May 27th 2004, 3:46 am
Winter hyphenator

So lesley.... How about Dolph's nuts then????

I'm sure she has better taste that that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.