Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Well now I know

Well now I know

Old May 27th 2004, 5:45 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris
I have another idea for your birthday...

find someone you like (male or female) and can get along with (or would like to know better) go out, have a few beers and have a good time, celebrate with people that are better than this idiot.

Great minds.........
Old May 27th 2004, 5:45 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Lesley1020
It really always will be an awesome (god did I just use that word) time/memory whatever you want to call it - it was just so much fun, eating late every night making plans for the future (ha bloody ha), going swimming, walks by the lake, drinking our wine out on the porch - and you know - to an East End Glasgow girl this was all pretty exciting, amazing and wonderful to me! I really thought life couldn't get any more perfect and then wham. It's a lot to take in and I know I am trying to cling on to what I thought was going to be my life up until last week but I need to let go and I will. It's just going to be so very hard, especially frequenting the places we ate in, silly little things like that - I'm a sentimental fool - what can I say it's just the way I'm made!
Of course it was perfect. Perfection is easy when it isn't real...

Hopeless romantic - typical Celt
Old May 27th 2004, 5:47 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
Great minds.........
The subject of "shitface" should probably be prohibited as well
ElsieTheMaid

Originally posted by lairdside
Exactly!!

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Hopeless romantic - typical Celt

Watch it or we'll start taking off our clothes and painting ourselves with woad.
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Great minds.........
yep, except male strip clubs aren't my thing!

Old May 27th 2004, 5:51 pm
Howling at the Moon

Watch it or we'll start taking off our clothes and painting ourselves with woad.
Hmm. Sounds like the makings of a good night out to me......
Old May 27th 2004, 6:06 pm
Howling at the Moon

Originally posted by effi
I tend to agree with you Ray. How many times do you have to be kicked to realise you don't like it. He has too much baggage. 2 failed marriages is an indicator, he was the common denominator in both. As for the mother of this child, well, he must have feelings still for her. No normal person could in good conscience go back to be with someone they profess not to love. As for the baby, tell him to go to court and file for custody of her, the mothers drug abuse history should help with this, or at least will get him 50/50 so he does not have to feel guilty about not having a relationship with the baby. As far as them being together as a family, well it aint gonna work and will only cause more upset down the road. Sorry to sound mean but I think you are being a complete dork, just dump the shit. If he gets himself sorted out further down the line then tell him to give you a call and you can take it from there.

Don't be a doormat, sitting on the fringes waiting for the odd carrot to be thrown your way, no-one deserves that. I guess it aint gonna happen though, you obviously love him and you will keep getting hurt cause you cannot stay away. Good luck girlfriend, you are going to need it, oh and buy a big box of tissues, or 2 or 3 for all the crying you are going to be doing.
And I'll second that.

I think everyone here pretty much agrees that this guy has some problems. If, in the process of helping someone, even with the best will in the world, you effectively take their problem away from them and make it your own you deprive them of the opportunity to deal with that problem. Thus, they can never resolve it.

The kindest and most loving thing that someone can do is to give their problem back to them. That way they have a chance of dealing with it. Not a great chance but a chance and that is just about as good as it gets.

It's a true act of love.

Oh and I would lay good money that he has feelings for the child's mother. Not lovethoiugh I'd wager. Love is a positive emotion and bears positive results. This would be quite the opposite and generate unhappiness and misery

Last edited by lairdside; May 27th 2004 at 6:09 pm.
Old May 27th 2004, 6:28 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

hey lesley.....

.....here's an idea....

is there any chance you can get a last minute flight to new york/

i live just 15 minutes from newark airport - ewr is the airport code.

i will collect you from the airport and you can stay with us for the weekend and go into new york city.....i live two blocks from the train station with the midtown direct trains into penn station - underneath madison square garden.

we will celebrate your birthday in style....

.....chopper-Chris, are you doing those helicopter pleasure flights around manhatten.....

if you can't come this weekend then you are welcome to come and visit another time....but get rid of this bloke he will be nothing but a bearer of angst for you....
Old May 27th 2004, 6:36 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

I dare say I could help set something up.

PM me if you're serious
Old May 27th 2004, 6:43 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in, and I live 1000 miles from NYC
Old May 27th 2004, 6:43 pm
Howling at the Moon

Originally posted by Englishmum
hey lesley.....

.....here's an idea....

is there any chance you can get a last minute flight to new york/

i live just 15 minutes from newark airport - ewr is the airport code.

i will collect you from the airport and you can stay with us for the weekend and go into new york city.....i live two blocks from the train station with the midtown direct trains into penn station - underneath madison square garden.

we will celebrate your birthday in style....

.....chopper-Chris, are you doing those helicopter pleasure flights around manhatten.....

If you can't come this weekend then you are welcome to come and visit another time....but get rid of this bloke he will be nothing but a bearer of angst for you....
Wonderfully kind of you EM. I was wishing I could have done the same but I already have plans to meet friends this weekend in DC.

I can do something though, I would happily cough for the airfare.

Now let's see what excuse she comes up with
Old May 27th 2004, 6:46 pm
dealing with it

Wonderfully kind of you EM. I was wishing I could have done the same but I already have plans to meet friends this weekend in DC.

I can do something though, I would happily cough for the airfare.

Now let's see what excuse she comes up with
I'd reeeeeally like to get back to the UK for my cousins wedding, would you cough for my airfare too?

CC
Old May 27th 2004, 6:49 pm
Howling at the Moon

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris
I'd reeeeeally like to get back to the UK for my cousins wedding, would you cough for my airfare too?

CC
Acquire a nutcase, oops I should say pyschologically challenged individual, for a girlfriend. Or persuade your wife to have a psychotic episode and I'll consider it
Old May 27th 2004, 6:53 pm
dealing with it

Acquire a nutcase, oops I should say pyschologically challenged individual, for a girlfriend. Or persuade your wife to have a psychotic episode and I'll consider it
err, ok, thanks but no thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.