Weddings?

Old Mar 8th 2006, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Weddings?

Following on from Derbys12 post about proposals between US/UK couples...

What was you wedding like? was it in the UK or US? was it a quicky civil cermony or something more elaborate? was it planned out or a last min thing?

We got wed in the US (in Florida) at a place called The English Gardens it was planned out... the whole white wedding bit... from us booking it in March (we got married in Nov) I spent the whole time panicing because of having to get a K1 etc no wedding insurance company would touch me... luckly all worked out well and it was a beautiful wedding.

Ash
Old Mar 8th 2006, 6:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weddings?

In the US, pretty quick, aunt did the ceremony....in a banquet hall that had a bar at the other end
Old Mar 8th 2006, 6:18 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

NJDave's was quite the do IIRC.......

Mine was to a Dutchman vs a Brit. Since it was my second marriage and I have kids who were present, the big church/white dress thing was "been there done that." We married outdoors on a beautiful day at a B&B in the Texas Hill Country. Had the reception (a catered sit-down dinner and the wedding cake) onsite and we and guests stayed there as well. A local minister performed the ceremony, which was fairly fast.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 6:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Legally we're already married, but the "wedding" is in June.....

.. wedding shower 1 is in April ..

.. wedding shower 2 is in May ..

.. Stag and Hen nights are the week before.

And no doubt for a fair few months after they'll be plenty of parties.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 6:48 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Following on from Derbys12 post about proposals between US/UK couples...

What was you wedding like? was it in the UK or US? was it a quicky civil cermony or something more elaborate? was it planned out or a last min thing?

We got wed in the US (in Florida) at a place called The English Gardens it was planned out... the whole white wedding bit... from us booking it in March (we got married in Nov) I spent the whole time panicing because of having to get a K1 etc no wedding insurance company would touch me... luckly all worked out well and it was a beautiful wedding.

Ash
It was a lovely drive-in chapel in a little village called Las Vegas, the priest (who looked remarkably like Elvis) performed a surprisingly fast service, and seemed very money oriented...

Just kidding - was in a beautiful Village Church in Ohio, and i let my beloved organize.. partly because it was for her special day, and partly cause i couldnt be arsed.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Ours was unusual .... We were married by a local judge after Kate's ex threatened to burn down the church and stop the wedding ..... 4 months later we had a proper church wedding and my best man cried off so I imported one from the UK. The guy literally left work in the UK mid morning, rushed home to get a suit, taxi to Gatwick and bought a ticket on the spot, arrived at Boston and my mate here drove to get him as we had athe rehearsal. 11.00am Saturday I drove to my friends hous to get him, he came here got changed met Kate and we had the wedding. We niether had any idea how weddings went here and he had no speach to give.
He stayed a week filled his suitcase with stuff from the outlets and flew home.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 7:08 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

We had a decent size wedding (about 75 guests, about 20 of them were from the UK). We had the wedding and reception just outside Vegas (in Henderson) - reception was held at http://www.reveregolf.com/

As everyone was coming in from out of town we sorted out quite a few activities for the week leading up to the wedding - everything was fantastic. Joy did most of the planning but the woman at the Revere did a lot for us which made it great. Our photographer was actually a Scottish woman based in Vegas and she was fantastic too (http://www.highland-photo.com/).
Old Mar 8th 2006, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Elvis married us at the Graceland Wedding Chapel in Vegas...fan bloodytastic!
Old Mar 8th 2006, 7:16 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa
Elvis married us at the Graceland Wedding Chapel in Vegas...fan bloodytastic!
For our rehearsal at the church the guys all put on our Elvis sunglasses with sideburns (with permission from the pastor of course) - it had to be done at some point as we were in Vegas after all. The girls were so pissed off with us because we showed them up; they had nothing.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 7:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Married in the UK small affair then all back to the Pub, it was rammed carried on well past closing time, Hubby was as pissed as a fart and I was shattered, needless to say Marriage was not consummated that night
Old Mar 8th 2006, 7:29 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

As it was the second time around for us both our wedding party was just him, me and the JP.

My mother was a bit gutted at missing out - I told her to save her money and come over another time as it wasn't worth it for a paltry 10 mins of 'ceremony'!
Old Mar 8th 2006, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

mdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Weddings?

We were married in the US at the the Larimore House which is a historic Plantation house on the outskirts of St. Louis. Like the OP we didn't finalize our wedding date until my interview date for my K-1 was set (End of January 2005) and we were married at the end of April 2005. Debs did a fantastic job of arranging most of the big stuff before I arrived in the US in March but there was still plenty of minor details to arrange after I arrived.

We had about 65 people at the wedding and reception, about 15 of whom were a combination of friends and family from the UK. My dad was my best man and apart from the weather that scuppered our longterm plans for an outdoor wedding, the day went really well and everyone had a great time. Official wedding pics courtesy of my uncle can be found here.

Mark
Old Mar 8th 2006, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mdglazerman
We were married in the US at the the Larimore House which is a historic Plantation house on the outskirts of St. Louis. Like the OP we didn't finalize our wedding date until my interview date for my K-1 was set (End of January 2005) and we were married at the end of April 2005. Debs did a fantastic job of arranging most of the big stuff before I arrived in the US in March but there was still plenty of minor details to arrange after I arrived.

We had about 65 people at the wedding and reception, about 15 of whom were a combination of friends and family from the UK. My dad was my best man and apart from the weather that scuppered our longterm plans for an outdoor wedding, the day went really well and everyone had a great time. Official wedding pics courtesy of my uncle can be found here.

Mark
Her father has the same expression in every picture!
Old Mar 8th 2006, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

mdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Weddings?

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Her father has the same expression in every picture!
He's never been one who enjoys having his picture taken.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 7:58 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

We got married in our own garden ...with about 25/30 guests
and at a minimal cost .... the perfect way...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.