Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

We are nearly there...at the beggining! I-130

Wikiposts

We are nearly there...at the beggining! I-130

Old May 20th 2012, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

eddfsf is just really niceeddfsf is just really niceeddfsf is just really niceeddfsf is just really niceeddfsf is just really niceeddfsf is just really niceeddfsf is just really niceeddfsf is just really nice
Default Re: We are nearly there...at the beggining! I-130

Originally Posted by JSL8610
Look up Form I-864P on the USCIS website (or Google). Find your household size (just you and your wife?) and look in the 125% column. For two of you, the income requirements are $18,912. You would therefore need at least $56,736 in savings/assets.

If your income will indeed continue from the same source after you move, you may be able to use that instead.

James
Appreciate that James!
Old Jun 18th 2012, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

eddfsf is just really niceeddfsf is just really niceeddfsf is just really niceeddfsf is just really niceeddfsf is just really niceeddfsf is just really niceeddfsf is just really niceeddfsf is just really nice

Hello Everyone, well as with all good plans unexpected anomalies crop up...and to flog an old saying "Houston, we have a problem"

My wife to be was injured at work and is now in early stages of a workers comp claim.

MRI results yesterday and she has a severely herniated disc

She is technically still employed - but how will this effect the immigration process? will they still see her earning "at least" $18,500 per annum? If there is anywhere someone could point me to investigate further?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 19th 2012, 12:25 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddfsf
She is technically still employed...
No, she is actually still employed... whether she's working or not.

... how will this effect the immigration process?
It won't.

Ian
Old Jun 19th 2012, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No, she is actually still employed... whether she's working or not.

It won't.

Ian
Thank Heavens!
Old Jun 19th 2012, 1:40 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Lose the word "technically" from your vocabulary - is she still employed or isn't she? Is she still being paid $18,500 per year or isn't she?

Regards, JEff

My wife to be was injured at work and is now in early stages of a workers comp claim.

MRI results yesterday and she has a severely herniated disc

She is technically still employed - but how will this effect the immigration process? will they still see her earning "at least" $18,500 per annum?
Old Jun 25th 2012, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If she has insufficient income/assets, she'll need someone to act as a joint sponsor.

Ian
Hi again Ian, well it turns out that my fiance will not be working for her said company any longer and they are paying her workers comp claim out in full. So she is Technically no longer employed, and will be that way for some time as she has to have physio therapy etc. and can no longer lift heavy weights - the flight attendant life is no longer....

As such, I cannot count on her income/assets - and I am a fair way form the $50k plus needed.

You made mention of a joint sponsor - is there anywhere you could point me towards where I could find out more information?

Thanks again in advance
Old Jun 25th 2012, 6:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

So she is Technically no longer employed
You didn't see JEff's post, did you.

You made mention of a joint sponsor - is there anywhere you could point me towards where I could find out more information?
www.uscis.gov, Forms, I-864.

Rene
Old Jun 25th 2012, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You didn't see JEff's post, did you.

www.uscis.gov, Forms, I-864.

Rene
Thanks Rene, I think you are "Technically" right