Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

We made it across the pond

We made it across the pond

Old Nov 19th 2009, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

20masonroad will become famous soon enough
Default Re: We made it across the pond

Have a brother in Berkeley...........Enjoy the airport noise!
Old Nov 19th 2009, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Chugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to behold

Welcome! I always think of Talking Heads- Once in a Lifetime, when I remember first coming to live here.

And You May Find Yourself Living In A Shotgun Shack
And You May Find Yourself In Another Part Of The World
And You May Find Yourself Behind The Wheel Of A Large Automobile
And You May Find Yourself In A Beautiful House, With A Beautiful
Wife
And You May Ask Yourself-Well...How Did I Get Here?
Old Nov 20th 2009, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

NYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud of

Glad you all made it over safely.
Enjoy all the sorting and re-rearranging all your stuff :-)
Old Nov 21st 2009, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

brit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to allbrit-n-yank is a name known to all

And if you're anything like me, you'll think in a year or so's time, "Why did I pack this? Do I really need this? What DID I pack anyway?"
Welcome to USA - I love it here!
Old Nov 21st 2009, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahlou145
not sure when it will all sink in.
4 1/2 years and it still hasn't.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chugabug
Welcome! I always think of Talking Heads- Once in a Lifetime, when I remember first coming to live here.

And You May Find Yourself Living In A Shotgun Shack
And You May Find Yourself In Another Part Of The World
And You May Find Yourself Behind The Wheel Of A Large Automobile
And You May Find Yourself In A Beautiful House, With A Beautiful
Wife
And You May Ask Yourself-Well...How Did I Get Here?
My God - what have I done?

Old Nov 21st 2009, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Chugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
My God - what have I done?

I got married in a very large David Byrne style suit.....not by choice though.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 5:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the neighborhood! I hope you like it as much as I have these past 25+ years!

Check out Stanford Shopping Center, and try some of the fabulous Chinese restaurants in Millbrae along El Camino Real - much better than you'll find in SF, overall. There's also a great breakfast-only place near the train station, and a great Italian restaurant a block or two from it (memory fading ...). I lived in San Francisco itself for 14 or so years, and now regret not moving out to the burbs much sooner. I wish I could afford to live in Burlingame
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 7:40 am
Just Joined

stevieob111 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish i was you! lol im am at the VERY start you the same journey you have taken. i just hope it goes as well as yours seems to have gone