Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Waiting ten days for SSN necessary with SAVE CaseCheck?

Waiting ten days for SSN necessary with SAVE CaseCheck?

Old May 2nd 2018, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Waiting ten days for SSN necessary with SAVE CaseCheck?

Originally Posted by Triz
Yes, I think this is what is confusing.

Much advice seems to say to wait ten days to appear on SAVE. My thought process was that, if we need to wait ten days to appear on SAVE, it would be possible to check if you are on the system via SAVE CaseCheck, and only make your way down once you appear on CaseCheck. Therefore either reducing the time needed to wait, or extending the time you wait depending.

What I seem to be hearing is that even though you may be in SAVE, you won't appear on CaseCheck until you actually apply.

I'll just wait ten days, the property I put an offer on fell through anyway, so it probably makes sense to wait until I have a permanent address.
the 10 days is a historical thing, times have changed.
Old May 2nd 2018, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Phyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting ten days for SSN necessary with SAVE CaseCheck?

Originally Posted by Triz
Yes, I think this is what is confusing.

Much advice seems to say to wait ten days to appear on SAVE. My thought process was that, if we need to wait ten days to appear on SAVE, it would be possible to check if you are on the system via SAVE CaseCheck, and only make your way down once you appear on CaseCheck. Therefore either reducing the time needed to wait, or extending the time you wait depending.

What I seem to be hearing is that even though you may be in SAVE, you won't appear on CaseCheck until you actually apply.

I'll just wait ten days, the property I put an offer on fell through anyway, so it probably makes sense to wait until I have a permanent address.
My use of CaseCheck would agree with this. CaseCheck tells you who accessed the information and if they accessed it successfully. No indication at all of what is there to access.