VoIP update

Old Jan 17th 2005, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

immunise is on a distinguished road
Default Re: VoIP update

Originally Posted by Taffyles
Yeah I know Bob. I should have said what I meant more clearly in my post. There'll be deleted accounts and bannings soon, so immunise should keep trying to get in.

What I found odd was they say that the number of members has to be kept to 2500, and yet the first release of Power of Nightmares was downloaded by 3400+ members.

Thanks for the advice on this one, I will keep trying...and trying etc etc he he
Old Jan 17th 2005, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, weird that, so what's the movie? anyway, probably people connecting multiple times?

It's an excellent BBC series of documentaries- screened in the UK recently and probably won't be shown over here in the US. Basically about the political use of fear. Many Americans left messages saying that they joined the site just to get this- pity it couldn't have been shown here before the election.

Anyway, here's the blurb from the re-seed on Uknova.

"Part one, Baby It's Cold Outside, traces the origins of the modern neo-conservative
and radical Islamist movements in the post-war period, how they both saw modern
liberal freedoms as a threat to society and how the Soviet Union was represented as
"the evil empire".

The second programme, The Phantom Victory explores how the two groups with seemingly
opposing ideologies, the radical Islamists and neo-conservatives, came together to fight
and defeat Soviet forces in Afghanistan.

Finally, The Shadows In The Cave, looks at how in the wake of the attacks on the
World Trade Center, the neo-conservatives reconstructed the radical Islamists in the
image of their last evil enemy, the Soviet Union - a sinister web of terror run from
the centre by Osama Bin Laden in his lair in Afghanistan. And asks who benefits from this?
Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I got my Lingo today and hubby set it up. I have a question though if anyone can help before hubby tears the house up.

How do we make a connection between all the phones we have in the house to run through this system? I have one phone hooked up and I used it today to call Germany, it was clear and wonderful talking to a friend, knowing I won't get a horendous phone bill for doing so.

Any help would be very appreciated.... thanks.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 4:18 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrandonBrit
Hi, I got my Lingo today and hubby set it up. I have a question though if anyone can help before hubby tears the house up.

How do we make a connection between all the phones we have in the house to run through this system? I have one phone hooked up and I used it today to call Germany, it was clear and wonderful talking to a friend, knowing I won't get a horendous phone bill for doing so.

Any help would be very appreciated.... thanks.
1/ Use cordless; or
2/ Use info here.

P.S. For 1/ would avoid 2.4 cordless as it doesn't coexist happily with wireless computer networking.

Last edited by fatbrit; Jan 18th 2005 at 4:21 am.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks FB
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm interested in getting Lingo to work from home, I've never used anything like this system before. I notice the rate is $19.95 however business use the rate is much higher. Dilemma. Also what happens about a phone number, do you have to keep your existing one with your current provider, but reduce your package?
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa
I'm interested in getting Lingo to work from home, I've never used anything like this system before. I notice the rate is $19.95 however business use the rate is much higher. Dilemma. Also what happens about a phone number, do you have to keep your existing one with your current provider, but reduce your package?
No, the trick is you don't need a current home phone, provided you've got access to the net via a cable modem, say. Obviously, if you have DSL access or dial up, you'd have to keep your home phone...

Not sure about your current phone number, but with Loingo you can have whatever phone number you like, even an international one if it suits.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 2:11 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
No, the trick is you don't need a current home phone, provided you've got access to the net via a cable modem, say. Obviously, if you have DSL access or dial up, you'd have to keep your home phone...

Not sure about your current phone number, but with Loingo you can have whatever phone number you like, even an international one if it suits.
Lingo told me they may not be able to let me keep my old number. Vonage says the same thing.

I think if you are in a major metropolitan area, it's easier to keep your old number (I'm in rural eastern NC).
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

LINGO have given me a temp number up until the middle of next week, but then they said my old number will be restored... if that's any help... don't know if it is the same everywhere though.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:25 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
We have skype and it works great to call UK landlines and much cheaper than our phone provider. My sister is going to install in on her pc in UK and then the calls to her in UK won't cost anything! We only use it for phone calls so don't use any other facilities it has.

Maggie

Originally Posted by waxwabbit
Any of you heard of, or use skype?

http://www.skype.com/products/skypeout/rates/

Im wondering if it would be cost effective for me.........but another reason im interested is, coz then i could get this:

http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...?prodfind=true

i love, no, I LUUUUUUUURVE my gadgets
Old Jan 21st 2005, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

Got to say I am not impressed with Lingo so far. I have tried 3 different US credit cards over 4 days, trying to sign up, and the site says there is a problem with all of them, which is BS. Called sales 1-800 #, got told by the first guy that he could write all my details down (I want to keep my SBC number) and that someone would call me back within 48 hours. Yeah right, let's give all my info to a guy with bad English in India, credit card # and all, and hope it all works out. Second guy said they have some kind of problem with their website, which had been going on for a day or two, and that I should try again tomorrow or the day after (i.e. enter 5 pages of personal info again)! I will give it one more go tomorrow, and then I will return the router to Fry's for a refund. Flippin' amateurs, if they can even sign a customer up, what chance to I have of sorting any technical or billing problems? Seems like all the web feedback on Lingo is right. Perhaps I will stay with SBC and keep paying the $150 average per month phone bill, at least it have never failed to work, so far!

- Tim
Old Jan 21st 2005, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

markwplatt is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had Lingo for three months and have found them very receptive. I emailed them about my number transfer and they got back within an hour and also replied when my FAXED "?" forms arrived at their end.

The quality is OK not the best but good for the job, cant argue with te price to London though, we also phoine Israel which at 4c a min is about as low as a card.

Mark
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 5:04 am
sas
Forum Regular

sas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nice
Talking Re: VoIP update

I'm going to sign up this weekend.

The first Lingo customer to PM me with their Name and E-Mail address (ones you signed up to Lingo with, I think??) gets the $25 referral credit
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck,
Tried again last night, got a Java error on page 3, (enter number to move). I really think Lingo are overwhelmed. For example on Monday or Tuesday of this week their website was down most of the day. I would love to go with them, but I feel that if I ever had a problem (technical, billing etc) I would have a nightmare trying to resolve it.

- Tim
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 3:30 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimFountain
Good luck,
Tried again last night, got a Java error on page 3, (enter number to move). I really think Lingo are overwhelmed. For example on Monday or Tuesday of this week their website was down most of the day. I would love to go with them, but I feel that if I ever had a problem (technical, billing etc) I would have a nightmare trying to resolve it.

- Tim
Are you sure it's Lingo? Just moved my VoIP to Lingo. Signed up first time on web site no problems, web site has always been accessible, they billed the correct amount to my CC, ATA arrived in 5 business days, was up and running 3 minutes after plugging ATA into the line, call quality fine on local, LD, international.

Sure they're a new company in a new business so I may have some hiccups down the line. But what company do you never have issues with at some time or another? I can’t imagine where you’re going wrong. Are you an unlucky person?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.