Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Visa's galore

Wikiposts

Visa's galore

Old Apr 21st 2005, 7:09 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa's galore

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Is this some new patriot crap, or is this a state-by-state thing? My licences (OH, OR, NM) have never been tied to immigration status.
When I got my first license, I had to prove I had legal status. Took all my Immigration docs with me. They just glanced at them.

As for renewals in Georgia, you just take the old license and get it re-issued without status proval. You've already done it once, why do it again?
Old Apr 21st 2005, 7:32 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Re: Visa's galore

K1 - December 2003 - AOS approved four months after applying, been a permanent resident for nearly a year now.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 7:40 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind

As for renewals in Georgia, you just take the old license and get it re-issued without status proval. You've already done it once, why do it again?
cos your status can expire...
Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:54 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Straight to green card, thanks to being in the medical field. Took long enough though...2 years!
Old Apr 21st 2005, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

cpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of light

No, you can change - my company, just refiled for an L1-A for me.

Paul
Old Apr 21st 2005, 10:09 am
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
Well with all that visa fun that I missed out on during the day, make me wonder though...what visa did all you lot get to come over here? Switch around many visa's?

Me, came over on a K1, before that, had a B1/2...

I130 DCF via London Embassy. CR1 at present, will upgrade to IR1 after another 18 months or so, if I survive the USA that long!!
Old Apr 21st 2005, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

L1A (him) renewed yesterday for another wonderful 2 years by the nice people at the US embassy in Ottawa. I have a v apt 'trailing spouse' L2 .

So I take it with the green cards then that you don't just apply for one and it drops out of the sky once you have convinced the powers that be that you're one fabulous example of immigranthood?
Old Apr 21st 2005, 1:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lizzi
So I take it with the green cards then that you don't just apply for one and it drops out of the sky once you have convinced the powers that be that you're one fabulous example of immigranthood?
naa...cos they want to scam as many fee's out of you as possible
Old Apr 21st 2005, 6:11 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
naa...cos they want to scam as many fee's out of you as possible
Yeah, you've got to pay for the medical to prove you're not about to inflict TB on the unsuspecting US population.*

* After having had a ten-year head start on TB-spreading courtesy of the non-immigrant visas.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 1:57 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Yeah, you've got to pay for the medical to prove you're not about to inflict TB on the unsuspecting US population.*

* After having had a ten-year head start on TB-spreading courtesy of the non-immigrant visas.
not to mention all the other diseases us backward folk like to contract *l*