Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Visa Interview Medical

Visa Interview Medical

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 5:55 am
Just Joined

Usky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud of
Default Visa Interview Medical

Hi all,

Making progress at last - after a 5 week delay due to employers my L1 application has been approved and I have just scheduled the interview in the US Consulta ein London. The offered a date 3 weeks ahead ...

However I have a couple of concerns...

1. Is a medical examinaion required - no mention made at time of booking interview, but yet I see numerous references to medicals on this board.
2. My Interview is on 11th May and I am planning to travel out on 20th May - is this a bad idea?

Any pearls of wisdom from your collective knowledge will be greatly appreciated ...

PS Does anyone know if the Champions League Final will be broadcast live? - I have seen that ESPN will show it in the evening ... And is there a place around the SF East Bay Area that one can watch it? - But then again if United can't do not beat Milan this is all rather futile ...
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 4:06 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Interview Medical

Originally Posted by Usky
Hi all,

Making progress at last - after a 5 week delay due to employers my L1 application has been approved and I have just scheduled the interview in the US Consulta ein London. The offered a date 3 weeks ahead ...

1. Is a medical examinaion required - no mention made at time of booking interview, but yet I see numerous references to medicals on this board.
2. My Interview is on 11th May and I am planning to travel out on 20th May - is this a bad idea?

Any pearls of wisdom from your collective knowledge will be greatly appreciated ...

PS Does anyone know if the Champions League Final will be broadcast live? - I have seen that ESPN will show it in the evening ... And is there a place around the SF East Bay Area that one can watch it? - But then again if United can't do not beat Milan this is all rather futile ...
1. You don't need a medical for a non-immigrant visa like an L1.
2. ALL OVER the paperwork that the US Consulate send you, they tell you not to book your travel until you have your visa in your hands. Having said that, it's really just a risk that you're either prepared to take or not. When renewing an L1 or H1 visa, many people book their return trip and then pay for the fastest (and absurdly expensive) courier delivery of their passport back to them with the new visa stamp. Someone like you, applying for a first-time visa probably shouldn't take that risk.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 7:06 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

As mentioned, you won't have a medical...only if your coming over via marriage or change status for a greencard...

As for 9 day gap between interview and flight, should be alright, they send your passport out by courier and you usually get it in a couple days...but if anything delayed things, it might be tight.

Either way, there's a visa section to the site to find that info out.

The footie, could find a place that would show online, and also a few sites list pubs that'll show it.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:47 am
Just Joined

AdamCA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I had my L-1 visa interview on April the 12th this year, and got my passport sent back to me on the 17th. You should be fine if that's anything to go by, although rather you than me having the stress over whether it'll arrive on time or not!

I'm travelling on the 19th of May, so I'll miss the FA Cup final. I didn't realise the Champs League final was on the 23rd - looks like I'll miss that too because I'll be at work!