Reload this Page >

Visa Interview in London

Visa Interview in London

Old Nov 25th 2003, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

jclark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Interview in London

Hi,

I have had my H1B visa application approved ( I129 Petition for a non immigrant worker) and now have to visit the US Embassy in London for my visa interview.

I am a little bit nervous about this has anyone been through visiting the embassy and having this interview recently, is it a breeze or do they really give you a going over.

Also they have asked for the following documents
*documentation of intent to return
*proof of previous travel

Is anyone available to speak about this on the phone to put my mind at rest.

worried Scotsman
Old Nov 25th 2003, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

markdee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Interview in London

Hi

I went through the procedure myself about 4 weeks ago. My wife and myself had to stand in line outside for about 45 minutes. You then go in via a search desk to a main desk where the guy there tells you to go up the stairs to a large room which resembles a post office. There is a queue where they will take your forms and photos etc. off you. You then get a number and are then told to sit down. We waited for about an hour and a half we were then called up to another window, where the guy there thanked us for not bring our three young kids along! he then asked a couple of questions like what the company I work for did and what my job title was. He then said your visa's have been approved, thank you and good bye, as simple as that! He also told us that we could expect are passports back in 7 to 10 days. We were a little worried as we had already booked flights and were traveling in 10 days however are passports turned up within the week. I am now into my third week living and working in new jersey and loving it apart from the trials and tribulations of obtaining a social security number and auto insurance.

Best of Luck.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

ireland132 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had all the same questions prior to our interview three months ago.

Very similar to the post above.

Went to the Embassy and handed in our documents. Then sat in the big room with our number.

And waited.

Then about 2hours later our number was called.

You go up and stand at your booth (no seats, glass between you and the interviewer).

They asked us about 6 questions, including

How many people work at the company you're going to?

(just checking you are all legit, I suppose)

It takes about 2/3 minutes.

And you're done and feel amazing...

:-)

Now we're in LA.

I have a Social Security number and car insurance...

and the sun is shining.

Good luck.

If you have followed the procedures

and take all your documents

and have nothing to hide

you will be fine.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 9:40 pm
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

the interview is a straight forward formality. only hard if visitors/tourists. regarding the intent to return and previous travel proof, that might be the general letter they send out to all applicants. just make sure all ur papers are in order. get there at least 30 minutes early and be patient as the embassy receives upto 600 applicants everyday.