Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Verizon plan - ID requirements

Verizon plan - ID requirements

Old May 17th 2013, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Verizon plan - ID requirements

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Just an FYI the AT&T plan is a better one to be honest, I live in CA and its the No1 provider, Verizon is 2nd plus a PAYG you do not need a SS number.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/pla...paidplans.html

I know my old room-mate had Verizon and it was spotty in areas!
People complain incessantly about AT&Ts coverage in the Bay Area, although less than they used to. I know a lot of people dumped them and moved to Verizon after the iPhone was available with the latter.
Old May 17th 2013, 5:10 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
People complain incessantly about AT&Ts coverage in the Bay Area, although less than they used to. I know a lot of people dumped them and moved to Verizon after the iPhone was available with the latter.
I guess it is just a matter of where exactly you're gonna live!
Old May 17th 2013, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

McZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot get unlimited data on Verizon and AT&T PAYG’s, in fact you can’t get the unlimited data on postpaid/pay-monthly either – so if you are in the marketplace for a truly unlimited plan that won’t cost an arm & and leg then explore all options – just because AT&T and Verizon are the two big names with decent coverage doesn’t mean they offer the best value for money. Assess need based on facts – if you live out in the boonies then I’d say AT&T is the best option, for everything else you have options - People have different needs so everyone is in the business and milking it one way or the other!

I have a T-mobile (personal) and AT&T work - used Verizon before getting the AT&T because I need the hot-spot/tethering which Verizon doesn’t offer.
Old May 17th 2013, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by McZaki
You cannot get unlimited data on Verizon and AT&T PAYG’s, in fact you can’t get the unlimited data on postpaid/pay-monthly either – so if you are in the marketplace for a truly unlimited plan that won’t cost an arm & and leg then explore all options – just because AT&T and Verizon are the two big names with decent coverage doesn’t mean they offer the best value for money.
Unless a provider has a corporate "discount" through your employer... I get unlimited data this way from Verizon for $10 less than what they normally charge for 2 gig.
Old May 18th 2013, 3:15 am
Just Joined

Cydonia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I guess it is just a matter of where exactly you're gonna live!
In the bay area ;-)
Old May 18th 2013, 3:19 am
Just Joined

Cydonia is an unknown quantity at this point

You cannot get unlimited data on Verizon and AT&T PAYG’s, in fact you can’t get the unlimited data on postpaid/pay-monthly either – so if you are in the marketplace for a truly unlimited plan that won’t cost an arm & and leg then explore all options – just because AT&T and Verizon are the two big names with decent coverage doesn’t mean they offer the best value for money. Assess need based on facts – if you live out in the boonies then I’d say AT&T is the best option, for everything else you have options - People have different needs so everyone is in the business and milking it one way or the other!

I have a T-mobile (personal) and AT&T work - used Verizon before getting the AT&T because I need the hot-spot/tethering which Verizon doesn’t offer.
Thanks for the advice. I think for now I will play it safe and go with the big providers, until I'm confident about what I'm doing. My experience (in australia) with the cheaper providers is that even though their rates can be cheaper, the customer service, bandwidth and coverage can be pretty dodgy....

A lot of people do seem to be suggesting T-mobile though.

Last edited by Cydonia; May 18th 2013 at 3:21 am.
Old May 18th 2013, 3:44 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cydonia
Thanks for the advice. I think for now I will play it safe and go with the big providers, until I'm confident about what I'm doing. My experience (in australia) with the cheaper providers is that even though their rates can be cheaper, the customer service, bandwidth and coverage can be pretty dodgy....

A lot of people do seem to be suggesting T-mobile though.
As its a PAYG there is no real worries if T.Mobile does not work then just switch carrier easy...no contract try another company.
Old Jun 1st 2013, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute

Wife & I have the T-mobile family plan, no contract, unlimited everything i.e texts-voice(any network) & data including 4G. We pay $130 per month. We brought our unlocked iPhones with us, the shop assistance inserted the sim card and activated the numbers, simples, and so far I've not had any issues.

AT&T has the best 4G coverage and you can use the hot-spot/tethering feature ii.e use your phone to connect other devices to Internet. The other vendors don't let you do that.
Have you seen the new T Mobile family plans: unlimited calls, texts and data for $50 for first device, $30 for second, then $10 for each one afterwards. Our kids are a touch young, but once they're phoned up, we'll only be out of pocket $100 a month for the 4 of us.

They've also added tethering recently - I can use my iPhone as a hub for other devices; the service turned up in the Settings menu a month or two back, and works perfectly.