vegas

Old Mar 19th 2003, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

cactus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vegas

my boyfriend (american) and i (english) want to get married . i'll be over on holiday next month and we want to do the vegas thing. do i need anything other than my passport? we'll then submit the forms (we know it is a long process) and intend to stay in the US. can i come home during this period or not?
Old Mar 19th 2003, 4:39 pm
I want my Bike !

Gripper is just really niceGripper is just really niceGripper is just really niceGripper is just really niceGripper is just really niceGripper is just really niceGripper is just really niceGripper is just really niceGripper is just really nice

Hi Cactus

My fiancee (USA) and I (UK) got married in Vegas last December. We had applied for a fiance K-1 visa which allows the alien to come to america for the purpose of getting married then staying (subject to applying for a change of status after marriage). We read up alot on immigration websites and it didnt appear that you could just come here, get married and stay. While I was at the US embassy in London I met some people that had gone to America, got married then returned to England. They then had to apply for a visa to immigrate to America.

Check out these sites.

http://www.us-immigration.org/

http://www.usais.org

Hope this helps.