Reload this Page >

I-864 and AOS questions

I-864 and AOS questions

Old Mar 19th 2003, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

klalmoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-864 and AOS questions

I am filling for AOS and i have some questions about affidavit of support:

1- Most recent tax year ( my husband doesn`t fill IRS 2002 yet), I will need to write 2001 like most recent tax year?
2- Inside the package do I need to put everything inside one envelope?
Sorry for that but i am so anxious and I did everything alone so I am needing help!!
Thanks!!
Old Mar 19th 2003, 1:50 pm
Here and Loving it

mark19964 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-864 and AOS questions

Originally posted by klalmoon
I am filling for AOS and i have some questions about affidavit of support:

1- Most recent tax year ( my husband doesn`t fill IRS 2002 yet), I will need to write 2001 like most recent tax year?
2- Inside the package do I need to put everything inside one envelope?
Sorry for that but i am so anxious and I did everything alone so I am needing help!!
Thanks!!
Tax year is 2001 - correct.

Put everything in envelope - but "take photocopies" and send recorded delivery

Dont worry - mark19964
Old Mar 19th 2003, 4:57 pm
I want my Bike !

Gripper is just really niceGripper is just really niceGripper is just really niceGripper is just really niceGripper is just really niceGripper is just really niceGripper is just really niceGripper is just really niceGripper is just really nice

I applied for AOS and EAD just yesterday in Philly.

We were going to send the applications by post but found out that we could file in person which apparently saves a few weeks wait. We arrived at the office at 6:30 am and were about 10th in line. We went in at 7:30 and were out by 8:45. A clerk asked us what we wanted and we told her we wanted to file for AOS and EAD. She had a look quick look at the important part of our application - how we were going to pay !! We then took a number, a bit like a deli counter, and waited to be called. While waiting we went through a checklist the clerk had given us. We were missing a G325-A. They had another counter to get forms so I quickly filled one out. We were 3rd to be seen as others in front of us had been sent away by the first clerk.
All our paperwork was in order except we didnt have a photocopy of our marriage certificate. There was a photocopying machine in there which was 25c a copy. Everything was now in order !! Phew!!! We were then told the EAD could take up to 90 days and the interview for AOS could take up to a year and dont bother even enquiring about anything until the time limits had passed. Then we moved the the cashiers window and wrote a cheque for the filing fees - $425 altogether. It's fingers crossed now that our applications are accepted.

Take a look at this site

http://www.kamya.com/aos/texas.html

Hope this helps
Old Mar 19th 2003, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

klalmoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thanks!!

I want to thanks everybody here!!

Kisses and Hugs!!
Klalmoon :PARTY: