Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Using UK Apple devices in the USA

Using UK Apple devices in the USA

Old Apr 27th 2017, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Using UK Apple devices in the USA

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Im pretty sure that if you move from one app store to another, whileit all works, you lose the apps you paid for in the old country. Not normally a big cost issue, but i seem to recall this happened to me. ...
it didn't happen to me, but then I sync my iPad and iPhone with my iMac and they were all backed up.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 6:15 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

The apps there remained, but to get updated you have to connect to the app store, the us new apps were fine but it tells you it needs your credentials for the uk one, but if you have no valid uk credi card or your uk acct email is no linger valid - stuffed...
Old Apr 27th 2017, 9:04 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
The apps there remained, but to get updated you have to connect to the app store, the us new apps were fine but it tells you it needs your credentials for the uk one, but if you have no valid uk credi card or your uk acct email is no linger valid - stuffed...
The solution is to have a new account for your new residency linked to a credit card issued in said new country. You can swap between the accounts easily, and thus keep access to both stores (which you almost certainly will need).
Old Apr 27th 2017, 9:06 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guindalf
Cab you show me where I said that? It looks like pure fiction to me!
You stated, "you don't even know the proper name!".

What is the 'correct' name?
Old Apr 27th 2017, 9:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Nutek
Hope you do a better job than the so-called "apple engineer" I had on site here last week.
I doubt any of the Apple lot outside of Cupertino know their Mach kernel from their Microkernel, but I digress.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 1:08 am
in Northern California

malch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond reputemalch has a reputation beyond repute

If any of your iDevices are under warranty, you'll be pleased to learn that Apple's warranty (unlike almost every other electronics and camera maker) is truly global.

If the device was purchased in the UK, an Apple Store in the USA will provide warranty service as if the device was purchased locally.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Geckz is an unknown quantity at this point

I went through this when I moved - There's lots of articles online about itunes/app store.

This is the best one:
https://www.jordanmerrick.com/posts/...order-control/

Long story short
a) you can't transfer purchases
b) you can only move stores once every 90 days
c) The apps/ music/ films etc you buy in the store are licensed to the country. So if you change store from UK to US etc they will not appear in your new store.

So ok for films/ music you can download to your hard drive then re-add to the new library - sync to your devices.

Apps are harder. Some you can retain on your phone - but they will not update.

I've been in the US 2 years now and I still retain my UK store on the phone and macs.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
You stated, "you don't even know the proper name!".

What is the 'correct' name?
Er, try answering questions before posing more!
Old Apr 28th 2017, 1:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Guindalf
Er, try answering questions before posing more!
So, I wasn't inaccurate with the term I used? Good, glad we've cleared that up.

Try sticking to helping simpletons with their devices rather than picking fights with those who know better than you.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 1:20 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Has Apple made any washing machines, this is the key question here.

If they did, they would be very shiny, probably be side loaders just to be different, and would have an incomprehensible menu written in a private language on the dials and knobs.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 1:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Jobs always bought Miele.
https://9to5mac.com/2011/03/07/how-s...a-washerdryer/
Old Apr 28th 2017, 2:17 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

If they did, they would be very shiny, probably be side loaders just to be different, and would have an incomprehensible menu written in a private language on the dials and knobs.
There would be no dials or knobs.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 3:19 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celticgrid
There would be no dials or knobs.
The connectors would change every 6 months though and be completely incompatible with everything else ever made ever.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

No , but Samsung does and the one I have keeps dropping it's wifi connection.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
No , but Samsung does and the one I have keeps dropping it's wifi connection.
I am an Apple user... iPad and phone however I do have a Samsung washer (the second one I have owned) and a Samsung dryer... I sold my first, 3 year old, Samsung washer with my house and purchased a second one when we moved... it started leaking within weeks of buying it... because it did not leak on every load they refused to service it😡 My hubby ended up fixing it. I will not be buying another Samsung!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.