Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US Policy on Home Defence?

Wikiposts

US Policy on Home Defence?

Old Oct 13th 2005, 9:55 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Policy on Home Defence?

Originally Posted by Truth
Well the whole choice of the BB gun was basically to disable someone...I'm certainly don't need a murder case in my life at the moment, or even a deportation back home. I've seen someone shot with a decent calibre gun and a few of those pellets in your ass and groin are nothing to laugh about about. I also mentioned the baseball bat. I'm not looking to kill the guy - just incapacitate him.

All very interesting answers though, definitely food for though.
The baseball bat is a much better choice. The BB gun won't disable them unless you shoot them in the eyes..... and even then they could probably flail around until they eventually found you and then kill you.... ala Johnny Depp.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:00 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I like to talk to the housebreaker and try to teach him the error of his ways
perhaps get him some counselling so he will not want to frighten people anymore ... Perhaps make him coffee and a sandwich while he is there ...

I suppose its just my forgiving nature ...
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:06 am
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Leslie66
and even then they could probably flail around until they eventually found you and then kill you.... ala Johnny Depp.
I don't remember that bit in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:19 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

depends on the state...but best bet is ring the cops and hide as they could blugeon you with whatever weapon you have....either that or shoot the crap out of them because they'll only sue you if there injured....and a BB gun won't keep someone from going mental...especially if there on drugs.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:32 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Personally I'd off load 7 cartridges of 00 Buck into them. Call the police then let them come take the carcass away. But thats just me. And this is Florida.
You'd have to drag them back inside from off the front lawn before you called.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:59 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
You'd have to drag them back inside from off the front lawn before you called.
What makes you think they'd make the front lawn?
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:02 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
I like to talk to the housebreaker and try to teach him the error of his ways
perhaps get him some counselling so he will not want to frighten people anymore ... Perhaps make him coffee and a sandwich while he is there ...

I suppose its just my forgiving nature ...
Yes but I would imagine he'd be partly deaf what with having a muzzle in his ear and such.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 4:31 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Yes but I would imagine he'd be partly deaf what with having a muzzle in his ear and such.
I like to think its mainly my kind word that criminals have always sat patiently and listened to every word I said to them...although the 240v wires connected to their gonads ...may have had some influence on this ...
Old Oct 13th 2005, 4:34 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I like to think its mainly my kind word that criminals have always sat patiently and listened to every word I said to them...although the 240v wires connected to their gonads ...may have had some influence on this ...
Threaten to shoot him with a BB gun. That usually does the trick
Old Oct 13th 2005, 4:43 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
Best bet is to get yourself a .38 or a 9mm. If you don't want to kill them shoot them in the leg.
and have them bleed out from the femoral artery.

If someone's going to use a gun, then they should go whole hog -- be properly trained and ready to use it.

Of course, I haven't seen things like proper locks on doors and windows, steel core external doors, centrally monitored alarm systems, knowing all your neighbours, and generally boring things like that, but prevention is worth a pound of cure or an ounce or two of lead slug I figure.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 4:45 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
A BB gun will not disable someone, you'll just piss them off. I've been shot by one on a few occasions, and I know. They are annoying, but that's about it. A baseball bat is better, but you have to get close to your victim to actually use it. Best bet is to get yourself a .38 or a 9mm. If you don't want to kill them shoot them in the leg.

Was this learned at your mother's knee in Newcastle or over here?
Old Oct 13th 2005, 4:53 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
Woodsey has a BB scar on her ass - I wonder if she was burgling someone

PS wheres the bottom quote in your sig from ?
Old Oct 13th 2005, 4:56 pm
Ray

For Christ sake ... you shoot to kill ..you cannot shoot to wound ...

In most states if you do wound ..you can be sued for pain and suffering
if they survive ...
Old Oct 13th 2005, 4:56 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
What can I say? Newcastle can be a rough place

But I had to wait till I got here before I could learn how to fire a real handgun..
Old Oct 13th 2005, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eskimo

PS wheres the bottom quote in your sig from ?
"Escape from LA"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.