Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Ultra Mobile / other good pre-paid phone deals?

Ultra Mobile / other good pre-paid phone deals?

Old Mar 22nd 2013, 4:11 am
Just Joined

Texan Charlie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ultra Mobile / other good pre-paid phone deals?

Has anyone used this service:

http://ultra.me/

Looks like a pretty good deal with a fair amount of international minutes thrown in and a "Call Me Free" option where friends & Family in the UK can dial a local number then put in your code and it's treated as a local call for both parties (much like the VOIP that all offices use these days I guess)...

First hand experience or any other good options welcome!
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Ultra Mobile / other good pre-paid phone deals?

Oh...did forget to say it doesn't work for iPhones for some reason:

http://ultra.me/get_started#supported-devices
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 4:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

How does that compare to Straight Talk, the Walmart jobby?
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

I'm pretty dubious of Straight Talk - reading the reviews it doesn't look like the slight savings are worth it in potential extra hassle...prepared to change my mind on that if people have found it ok though?

Also not sure that they have the Call Me Free option - obviously not something you can use with anyone but good for family & friends who don't mind having to dial two numbers to contact you.
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

I have unlimited int'l calls on Tracfone, I just dial a number, then dial my int'l number and it costs the same as a local call for me. But most phone companies have this, right? Not sure about receiving calls but frankly my dear I don't give a damn.