UK VPN

Old Jan 31st 2010, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK VPN

Originally Posted by jaxslad
yep Dean..

Thats why i went with somebody else mate...you pay for what you get huh?
had No problem with that server .fingers crossed..

I was thinking about that slingshot one time but couldnt be arsed in all that..ya know..?
I can't even be arsed to spell its name: 'sling... blah!'. Finding someone to exchange channels or whatever with. Nah...
Old Jan 31st 2010, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DeanUK2US
I can't even be arsed to spell its name: 'sling... blah!'. Finding someone to exchange channels or whatever with. Nah...
yep mate my thoughts aswell...

to much hastle i think...for what i want it for anyways...

as long i can catch up on stuff im good, but was giving a site from another member where i can watch uk channels live....well live as it can be anyway..
still Good tho..
the world is a smaller place now i guess..
Old Jan 31st 2010, 11:46 am
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaxslad
but was giving a site from another member where i can watch uk channels live p:
Care to share?
Old Jan 31st 2010, 12:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I know it says 'Try FreeVPN today', but there is nothing specifically asking you to pay, unless you want one of the paid servers.
Thing is, loads of US servers....and originally a couple of UK ones, worked quite well, but not any more. They had a separate paid version, but now it's all rolled into one app.

When they had UK servers, it was pretty good for SD iplayer stuff and just had to buffer HD stuff for a minute or so, but I only used it to catch the snooker and really just to use Spotify.

Way to much hassle going through proxy IP numbers and more often than not they aren't working so I've not been able to get it...probably cheaper to get a VPN than pay for Spotify, but they were supposed to roll it out to the US early in the year, but not any more, Q3 or Q4 now...bugger.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Michelmas
Care to share?
If i told you i would have to kill you mate..
Old Jan 31st 2010, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
.probably cheaper to get a VPN than pay for Spotify, but they were supposed to roll it out to the US early in the year, but not any more, Q3 or Q4 now...bugger.
or just get a friend in the UK to log into your account once every two weeks...
Old Jan 31st 2010, 3:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emailrob
or just get a friend in the UK to log into your account once every two weeks...
true, could do....bit of a hassle though....
Old Feb 1st 2010, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Thing is, loads of US servers....and originally a couple of UK ones, worked quite well, but not any more. They had a separate paid version, but now it's all rolled into one app.

When they had UK servers, it was pretty good for SD iplayer stuff and just had to buffer HD stuff for a minute or so, but I only used it to catch the snooker and really just to use Spotify.

Way to much hassle going through proxy IP numbers and more often than not they aren't working so I've not been able to get it...probably cheaper to get a VPN than pay for Spotify, but they were supposed to roll it out to the US early in the year, but not any more, Q3 or Q4 now...bugger.
Why must every option be so pants?!
Old Feb 6th 2010, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

PCFletcher2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: UK VPN

I use witopia - It's an American company that allows you to switch between a US and a UK VPN.

Works fine in the middle east and the only issues I have had is with the local ISP
Old Feb 7th 2010, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

dave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond repute

I use StrongVPN very good connection speeds and then use the BBC's own live stream to watch live

Last edited by dave2702; Feb 7th 2010 at 1:47 am.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 3:57 am
Banned

twisty100 will become famous soon enough

I have used these guys www.************* for the last couple of years. Never really had any problems, it did buffer sometimes but then i sent the support an email and they sorted, good service, and theyre based in the UK.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave2702
I use StrongVPN very good connection speeds and then use the BBC's own live stream to watch live
I just moved to Strongvpn from UKTV access. I was getting too much buffering from UKTV access. Strongvpn seems a lot better so far. $55 for a whole year is a pretty good deal too.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cluedweasel
I just moved to Strongvpn from UKTV access. I was getting too much buffering from UKTV access. Strongvpn seems a lot better so far. $55 for a whole year is a pretty good deal too.
Thinking of giving strongVPN a try as well.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 5:03 am
Banned

twisty100 will become famous soon enough

Thinking of giving strongVPN a try as well.
I did give these guys a go but found lots of problems with buffering.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by twisty100
I did give these guys a go but found lots of problems with buffering.
Seems like there's gonna be problems with whichever one - plus a variety of other factors imposed by one's ISP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.