Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK > Triangle, NC moving experience

Wikiposts

UK > Triangle, NC moving experience

Old May 7th 2014, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK > Triangle, NC moving experience

Originally Posted by MMcD
They do if you don't want to pay for them.
And why should you? You shouldn't!
Wells Fargo charged me for the last lot. When I queried it they said I could go into the branch and get it waived. Which of course Mr Flim-Flam said he would do, but didn't.
Old May 7th 2014, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
That will be interesting - I've just read a good book about the subject.
I've known some brilliant people who were members...acolytes, in fact.
I could never fathom it
Old May 7th 2014, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I've known some brilliant people who were members...acolytes, in fact.
I could never fathom it
They seem to be told that the next level will explain all. And then the next etc.

I can't fathom it either.
Old May 7th 2014, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Wells Fargo charged me for the last lot. When I queried it they said I could go into the branch and get it waived. Which of course Mr Flim-Flam said he would do, but didn't.
Mrs. Flim-Flam should pick up the phone, ask to speak to the branch manager, tell them that you were assured the charge would be rescinded, that due to your work schedule and professional responsibilities you're unable to come into the bank and insist the charge be rescinded. Pronto

(Tell them I said so )

ps.......Oh....I think I misunderstood....Mr. Flim Flam is the bank guy, not ..........
I should have known better....well kick it up the ladder then
And sorry, Sally....dumbo me

Last edited by MMcD; May 7th 2014 at 3:39 pm.
Old May 7th 2014, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mrs. Flim-Flam should pick up the phone, ask to speak to the branch manager, tell them that you were assured the charge would be rescinded, that due to your work schedule and professional responsibilities you're unable to come into the bank and insist the charge be rescinded. Pronto

(Tell them I said so )

ps.......Oh....I think I misunderstood....Mr. Flim Flam is the bank guy, not ..........
I should have known better....well kick it up the ladder then
And sorry, Sally....dumbo me
That's OK - the YTS trainee

Strange thing (again!), my son just phoned on another matter, and mentioned he had ordered checks - they took $30 off him! At least mine were only about $10.

Bargain!
Old May 7th 2014, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

That's OK - the YTS trainee

Strange thing (again!), my son just phoned on another matter, and mentioned he had ordered checks - they took $30 off him! At least mine were only about $10.Bargain!

And this time I do know what you mean. Spooky strange indeed and "you can take it to the bank"!
Old May 7th 2014, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

Why does it matter to the bank whether you've had them before? Just ask them for checks for your account.
I have, am still waiting, due to the aforementioned confusion on the part of the bank. In the meantime, running very low on checks......
Old May 8th 2014, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by yellowroom
I have, am still waiting, due to the aforementioned confusion on the part of the bank. In the meantime, running very low on checks......
yellowroom, your bank should issue you enough temporary cheques to tide you over till you receive the personalized ones.

They won't have your name and address but can be generated by them to at least have the numbers (routing nos.) that run along the bottom.

This is what Wells Fargo do and i'm sure HSBC will as well. Their screw up shouldn't put you in a bind.
Old May 8th 2014, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

yellowroom, your bank should issue you enough temporary cheques to tide you over till you receive the personalized ones.

They won't have your name and address but can be generated by them to at least have the numbers (routing nos.) that run along the bottom.

This is what Wells Fargo do and i'm sure HSBC will as well. Their screw up shouldn't put you in a bind.
Unfortunately, I live over 300 miles from my nearest HSBC branch - I opened my account while still in the UK as part of a corporate transfer and didn't really understand the implications. After all, my UK account is with firstdirect, they don't have ANY branches and i've been happy with them for nearly 20 years....

Just gearing myself up to ring them and deal with the off-shore customer service drones. They are all immaculately polite, but the script delivery is so obvious they could be robots.
Old May 8th 2014, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by yellowroom
Just gearing myself up to ring them and deal with the off-shore customer service drones. They are all immaculately polite, but the script delivery is so obvious they could be robots.
Ugh.....well in that case DON'T just .....

Instead: Keep calm and stand your ground