Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK perspectve 2005

UK perspectve 2005

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:16 am
ImHere

Default Re: UK perspectve 2005

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Shut up and start reading a decent newspaper.
Nothing wrong with News Of The World

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:23 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
Nothing wrong with News Of The World
OK, but the port will give you gout.

Fact.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:23 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't going to turn into yet another Daily Telegraph, port, country's going to the dogs thread is it?

A thought though, for anyone who's been away a while. Your perspective is changed forever. You are not the same person who left.

You Can't Go Home Again.........
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

garfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sibsie
I tried to go there for the M&S but I'd forgotton that everything shuts at Easter.

My parents used to live in Hampton, as did I, but they're now behind bars in St George's Hill.

Isn't there some sort of Military place round Camberly? I seem to remember that there was a fair bit of trouble in the evenings.

there is the royal military acadamy at sandhurst which is very cool as you get to meet officers in training from all over the world in the pubs and shops
also about 10 miles away is Aldershot the home of the british army (i was born there) so sometimes there would be fights between civvies and squaddies, but that was tame compared to the Chavscum in the high st today
have you heard of ..the old dean estate?
G
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:25 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

What do we expect when we here news that a teenage boy has won his case to appeal curfew orders. Apparently judges ruled its not legal for police to impose curfew orders on anti-social yobs anymore so the little dears can now roam the streets at will.

Happy slaps? If some little twat fancied his chances 'happy slapping' me I wouldnt be calling the police.

Who ya gonna call-Ghostbusters?
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:26 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garfro
there is the royal military acadamy at sandhurst which is very cool as you get to meet officers in training from all over the world in the pubs and shops
also about 10 miles away is Aldershot the home of the british army (i was born there) so sometimes there would be fights between civvies and squaddies, but that was tame compared to the Chavscum in the high st today
have you heard of ..the old dean estate?
G
The home of the British army is any pub which will let them in......
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:28 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
You Can't Go Home Again.........

I've actually gone through several phases on this one, in the years away. When I was back last year, I decided that you can go home again when you are ready to enjoy the fact that neither you nor home are the same.

Damn I'm philosophical this evening.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:32 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I've actually gone through several phases on this one, in the years away. When I was back last year, I decided that you can go home again when you are ready to enjoy the fact that neither you nor home are the same.

And I'm Phil Silvers , but you can call me Bilko....
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:33 am
Sursum corda

Yes you are!!! No floorstripper about is there?
I've not been "home" since I was 21 except for several brief visits. I would dearly love to be able to live there for a few months every year, but chances are slim that will ever happen. I know it wouldn't be the same, the perspective of youth is far different from that of when you are a"certain age." Idealistic as it may be that long ago time and that place still exist in my heart.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:37 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Who ya gonna call-Ghostbusters?
ChavBusters

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:37 am

cindyabs]Yes you are!!! No floorstripper about is there?
Not any more

I've not been "home" since I was 21 except for several brief visits. I would dearly love to be able to live there for a few months every year, but chances are slim that will ever happen. I know it wouldn't be the same, the perspective of youth is far different from that of when you are a"certain age." Idealistic as it may be that long ago time and that place still exist in my heart.
You can. What you do is, you assimilate past and present and all the in between bits - dialectics, in fact. I had exactly this happen to me in London, which, with a couple of millennia plus behind it, is the perfect metaphor for change and constancy.

OK, I think I'll stop now before the DEA arrive.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
And I'm Phil Silvers , but you can call me Bilko....
Just Sarge.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:39 am

ChavBusters
I'm armed with my Burberry extraction gun as we speak......
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 2:44 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I'm armed with my Burberry extraction gun as we speak......
Go Go Go

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 2:46 am

Go Go Go
Squeeze that NY yankees hat off of your head and your last remaining brain cell, you little bastard......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.