UK Nova

Old Feb 19th 2006, 1:07 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Nova

Originally Posted by basementwaj
or use Videora to watch them on your ipod / psp / mp4 player
ooo, gonna have to go google that , been using the 3GP convertor s/w for me psp and its not that great
Old Feb 19th 2006, 1:59 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Once you start using sites like UK Nova, it's worth looking into getting a DVD player that plays MPG and AVI files. That way all you have to do is burn the file to a CD, and bung it in the DVD player. IMHO the best all round player is the Phillips DVP-642, which also happens to be multi-region too. The Cyberhome player is also good, especially if you're on a budget.

Anyone who does have access to UK Nova, would do well to download Life On Mars, which is one o the best dramas i've seen in years. Not one to watch with the kiddies around though.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul S
ooo, gonna have to go google that , been using the 3GP convertor s/w for me psp and its not that great
Try psp video 9, its exactly the same as videora but made especially for the psp.
Thakes a while to get used to it but its great for messing with compression ratios to fit files onto your psp (you can adjust sound rather than pictures, or both or just picture to fit on your stick)

Have a play!!!!!!!
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:56 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Best bet would be to either get VLC to watch the movies/tv without getting codecs, or getting real alternate player, which is a cut down version without all the shite of the real one, same goes for the quicktime jobby, only a couple mb's a piece....find those progs over on the hippo- www.filehippo.com

I like this one: http://www.codecguide.com/features_mega.htm.

Use Media Player Classic and it works a treat, also replacing Real and the Apple crap.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:20 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Try psp video 9, its exactly the same as videora but made especially for the psp.
Thakes a while to get used to it but its great for messing with compression ratios to fit files onto your psp (you can adjust sound rather than pictures, or both or just picture to fit on your stick)

Have a play!!!!!!!

well i found VideoRa and it gets even better. Just put the Top Gear Winter Olympics prog into Tivo format and I'm shoving it across me network. It appears to be working, so i don't think i'll even need to burn another disc

well happy have a
Old Feb 19th 2006, 5:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Been on there for a few months now. Use Bitlord as the client with some real fast download speeds.
Just be careful to keep your ratios up other wise they restrict your downloads (have to wait more than 24 hours to d/l a file after the torrent becomes available) or at worst kick you out completely.
I take the file and stick them through WinDVD Creator so we can watch them on the telly rather than a wee small PC display
the soaps tend to be mpeg's on nova, so just burn them to cd, or cheaper yet, get a dvd player that can play mpeg-4 and dump them to cd's

The ratio thing isn't a problem if yoiu keep the torrent open after you get the file and you can get 300-500kb/s pretty easily through nova.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 5:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I kinda like Utorrent to download with, it uses about 8 different search engines like mininova and torrent spy. Its really easy to use and its free
the search engines ain't the problem, problem with utorrent is that is sucks as much resources when you have more than 3-4 torrents running, but it is a lot more secure to use than bitcommet which is utterly shite and no one in the US should use it.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 5:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I like this one: http://www.codecguide.com/features_mega.htm.

Use Media Player Classic and it works a treat, also replacing Real and the Apple crap.
That's a solid pack, but having to many codecs installed when you don't need them hog the sytem down, the lite codec pack is enough...and the alternates to real/apple are great as they integrate with browser nicely, and also stream the real feed well which vlc doesn't....though I do like the vlc feature that smooths the video output out and stuff.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 5:39 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
That's a solid pack, but having to many codecs installed when you don't need them hog the sytem down, the lite codec pack is enough...and the alternates to real/apple are great as they integrate with browser nicely, and also stream the real feed well which vlc doesn't....though I do like the vlc feature that smooths the video output out and stuff.
Yep -- you need to read the installer instructions carefully. Don't tick every box for every option on the install. At the top there are suggested packages. Just take the "playback only" one for a reasonably lite install.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 6:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Yep -- you need to read the installer instructions carefully. Don't tick every box for every option on the install. At the top there are suggested packages. Just take the "playback only" one for a reasonably lite install.
Aye....but then it's always a pain when you realise you need that monkey codec or flac codec because some muppet sent you some tunes in those formats...as good as they are, hardly universal *l*
Old Feb 19th 2006, 7:15 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Originally Posted by Bob
the soaps tend to be mpeg's on nova, so just burn them to cd, or cheaper yet, get a dvd player that can play mpeg-4 and dump them to cd's
or alternatively just don't bother watching the soaps works for me

Originally Posted by Bob
The ratio thing isn't a problem if yoiu keep the torrent open after you get the file and you can get 300-500kb/s pretty easily through nova.
I keep them going, i've just seen people get kicked out for not doing that
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

or alternatively just don't bother watching the soaps works for me

I keep them going, i've just seen people get kicked out for not doing that
The soaps, they help me keep my ratio, plus it's somin' stupidly english, i don't pay to much attention to it, but it's nice background noise, beats US soaps anyway, plus I've dual monitor setup, so doesn't interfere with my BE addiction
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:42 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
The soaps, they help me keep my ratio, plus it's somin' stupidly english, i don't pay to much attention to it, but it's nice background noise, beats US soaps anyway, plus I've dual monitor setup, so doesn't interfere with my BE addiction
I am very impressed with all this, just watched corrie, it all sounded really complicated to a non techy but I think I did it right. Do you simply leave it open for however long you want to after download complete for this seeding buisness? I have things telling me I have NAT problem and am unreachable but in another bit it says reachable but seems to be transferring data ok.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:47 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
I am very impressed with all this, just watched corrie, it all sounded really complicated to a non techy but I think I did it right. Do you simply leave it open for however long you want to after download complete for this seeding buisness? I have things telling me I have NAT problem and am unreachable but in another bit it says reachable but seems to be transferring data ok.
NAT problems won't stop you, just slow you down. The only real cure is to move your network over to fixed IP addresses rather than taking the lazy way out and using the router as a local DHCP server handing addresses over to all and sundry. Then you can set up the port forwarding properly. It's also, as a bonus, much more secure for your network.

Probably a job for OH on return, though.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:52 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

NAT problems won't stop you, just slow you down. The only real cure is to move your network over to fixed IP addresses rather than taking the lazy way out and using the router as a local DHCP server handing addresses over to all and sundry. Then you can set up the port forwarding properly. It's also, as a bonus, much more secure for your network.

Probably a job for OH on return, though.
Now you are talking to me like i know something by the time he gets back I will probably have downloaded so much stuff nothing will work! But Im impressed i got this far and its a nice distraction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.