Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods at regular stores

UK Foods at regular stores

Old Mar 26th 2004, 6:51 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

All those goodies can be found in my local Giant, (ain't I the lucky one)?!
Old Mar 26th 2004, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
All those goodies can be found in my local Giant, (ain't I the lucky one)?!

I wish to make a complaint !!
How come you can get crumpets in your local Giant and mine (Southern Maryland and Fredericksburg) don't sell them

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

and......if anyone posts a photo of a packet of crumpets, I swear I'll print it off, toast it, spread butter all over it and eat it.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 6:58 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

LMAO Sorry Roger! It ain't my fault, I guess they must have consumers with better taste here in Annapolis!

And, tempting as it seems, (very) I'll not post a picture of a crumpet with butter melting down through the holes and oozing out the bottom!
Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:09 pm
With 'er indoors :-D

Rumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really nice

Originally posted by rogerpenycate
and......if anyone posts a photo of a packet of crumpets, I swear I'll print it off, toast it, spread butter all over it and eat it.
Will still taste better than English Muffins
Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

Safeway, Boston Street, Baltimore:

Weetabix (Oh yes), Marmite, and also the Tetley British Blend tea - Also some Cadbury chocolates, but those are actually 'subcontracted' out to Hersheys. Note that these are all found in the exotic foreign foods section.

The Giant store in Towson MD, has a small section that includes Yorkie Bars...
Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:25 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rogerpenycate
I wish to make a complaint !!
How come you can get crumpets in your local Giant and mine (Southern Maryland and Fredericksburg) don't sell them

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Do you have any Trader Joe's branches near you? I know they sell English crumpets. At least the branch near Silver Spring did (sorry, can't remember where it is. I think it's west of SSprg).
Old Mar 27th 2004, 4:17 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NC Penguin
Do you have any Trader Joe's branches near you? I know they sell English crumpets. At least the branch near Silver Spring did (sorry, can't remember where it is. I think it's west of SSprg).
There is a store locator on their website:

http://www.traderjoes.com

If your local Trader Joes has a liquor licence, look out for a beer called "Tsing Tao" (pronounced as Sing Tow - like towel but you don't say the el) - it comes in a 6 pack of quite large sized bottles.

Used to drink it in Singapore, but it's from China. It's very good - and very reasonably priced in TJs.

Old Mar 27th 2004, 4:40 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pilgrim22
...In the Dallas area, Kroger Signature stores have a British Imports section. Some good stuff, but VERY pricey! I mean, a can of Heinz Baked Beans for a buck fifty? Come on! They were like pennies in the Motherland, well 8 years ago they were....
There was also a WONDERFUL confectioners/cafe at the Galleria Mall in Dallas that sold every kind of British chocolate I've ever seen...

...but when we visited last weekend they had gone out of business

Last edited by dbj1000; Mar 27th 2004 at 4:43 am.
Old Mar 27th 2004, 11:35 am
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Trader Joes sell quite a few British bits - crumpets, cheeses, chocolate etc. Depending on how big your Trader Joes is depends on what they stock. I know in CA they stock more British stuff that the ones we get on Long Island.

Stop and Shop have a great selection of different British goods from Irish bacon to chocolate bars to lucozade. I can also get Quorn and Linda McCartney vegetarian items now.

There is also a supermarktet called Fairways on Long Island (in Plainview) which has a large British section and their prices are generally cheaper than all other shops I have been in with British goods. They also do seasonaly things like Easter Eggs and Christmas selection boxes and crackers.
Old Mar 27th 2004, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Heather142 will become famous soon enoughHeather142 will become famous soon enough

I know there are Trader Joe's in Tucson ... anyone else found any UK goods in other Arizona stores??

Would be interested to know before I place an internet order.

Thanks,

Heather
Old Mar 27th 2004, 5:15 pm
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Ralphs (in Pasadena) used to have Weetabix in the diet foods aisle! Also available at Trader Joes.
Old Mar 27th 2004, 6:18 pm
Carrot Cruncher

pilgrim22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Weetabix seems to be fairly widely available, at least down here in TX. I've seen it at Albertsons, Tom Thumb, Kroger, HEB... can't remember if I've seen them at Super Targets tho.

On the subject of cereals, has anyone ever seen Shreddies over here? You know, the malted squares cereal, not shredded wheat. Used to come in a blue box in UK, made by Nabisco (North American Biscuit Company). Used to be one of my favourite cereals, but I've never seen it in the States, nor on British stores online.

p22
Old Mar 27th 2004, 7:16 pm
Former Blonde

British Cornershop stocks Shreddies - UK based from what I can gather but ships worldwide.

Can't seem to find any other online stores which stock Shreddies. Sorry.

No idea if the two Brit shops here sell 'em either, will have to check next time.
Old Mar 27th 2004, 7:20 pm
Former Blonde

Default Ready Brek

Oh, and for whoever it was who was missing their Ready Brek - look here at Goodwoods.

I've ordered from them before and have been more than happy with their service.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 2:40 am
Carrot Cruncher

pilgrim22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Shreddies is a children's cereal??? Say it aint so! I suppose it's as much a kids cereal as Frosties.... hmmmm....

Thanks, FG, looks like a useful site. Might have to start getting an order together.... prices seem fair, except for the sucky exchange rate at the moment.

p22

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.