Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods at regular stores

UK Foods at regular stores

Old Mar 31st 2004, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally posted by NC Penguin
You could put together an order from Williams in Lumberton, NC. Their sausages are cheaper than $8.00 but you'll have to pay P&P of course.

http://www.britishbacon.com/bangers.htm

Sounds like you have the storage space so a big order might be worthwhile.

Williams also produce British style bacon, ham and pork (for roasts).

I'm supposed to have a coworker pick me up some Williams meat products when she's in Lumberton soon.

Alrighty, thanks for that, I will be placing a rather large order.
Proper Toad-in-the-hole at last !!
Sausage sandwiches
Back bacon sannies
Yummeeeeeee
Old Mar 31st 2004, 8:02 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rogerpenycate
Sausage sandwiches
Back bacon sannies
Yummeeeeeee
I hope your toad-in-the-hole turns out better than my last effort. Mine was more like toad-on-the-hole since for some reason, the sausages ended up floating on top of the batter mixture. I can't tell you how odd that looked.

Tasted pretty good though.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 8:27 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Great link NC Penguin but :scared: :scared: @ the shipping charges! Good grief!!
Old Apr 1st 2004, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

suzieque is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
BX? I thought it was called the PX, (short for Postal Exchange as it was originally known as).
The PX is army and BX isAir force (base exchange)
Old Apr 1st 2004, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Heather142
thinking that I might go and get one here and take the chance that customs do not check my container when I ship things over. What do you reckon???
Heather
I think you are allowed to bring them here anyway so why would you worry about them checking?? Maybe I miss understood.
When my stuff was shipped (the US air force shipped it) I had so much food in it I am surprised it didn't sink. I would have got one to bring if I had known how hard it would be. I say go for it and get one Heather best bet.
BTW, FYI BX catalog is the base military shop catalog. (my husband is US air force)
Suzieque
Old Apr 1st 2004, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by rogerpenycate
Sausage sandwiches
Back bacon sannies
Yummeeeeeee
I wish I could afford these prices. They are crazy with the shipping you end up with amazing price.
I guess I'll have to wait until our local British shop has its delivery and try to stock up.

I miss British breakfast soooooooo much.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 2:36 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by suzieque
I wish I could afford these prices. They are crazy with the shipping you end up with amazing price.
I guess I'll have to wait until our local British shop has its delivery and try to stock up.

I miss British breakfast soooooooo much.
I guess 'cos the product is perishable that that shipping is by air and next day or 2 day delivery.

If you have (British?) friends who'd like to place an order, maybe at least a couple of you can combine your order and split the shipping.

NC Penguin
Old Apr 1st 2004, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Heather142 will become famous soon enoughHeather142 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by suzieque
I think you are allowed to bring them here anyway so why would you worry about them checking?? Maybe I miss understood.
When my stuff was shipped (the US air force shipped it) I had so much food in it I am surprised it didn't sink. I would have got one to bring if I had known how hard it would be. I say go for it and get one Heather best bet.
BTW, FYI BX catalog is the base military shop catalog. (my husband is US air force)
Suzieque

My initial worry was that it would not have been a personal posession that I have owned and used for at least a year (which I believe is the customs requirement). However, worry not, for I have found that ACE Hardware stock outdoor clothes dryer - for about $50.

Now back to checking out Tucson dept stores for UK foods.

Thanks for the help Suzique.

Heather
Old Apr 1st 2004, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

I heard in the last couple of days that Weetabix is coming to America! It is being distributed by a company in Virginia!

I haven't seen it on the supermarket shelves yet though!
Old Apr 1st 2004, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light

It's not frosted weetabix with a maple syrup flavouring, is it?
Old Apr 1st 2004, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Scorchio
It's not frosted weetabix with a maple syrup flavouring, is it?
No these are British Weetabix. There was a coupon in the local newspaper for $1 off a purchase (can't find the coupon at present).

The packaging was identical to Weetabix in England.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 5:41 pm
Carrot Cruncher

pilgrim22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by CitySimon
I heard in the last couple of days that Weetabix is coming to America! It is being distributed by a company in Virginia!

Is this the same Weetabix that is already available here? I posted earlier in this thread that it is fairly widely available in this neck of the woods (Dallas & San Antone, TX). Identical packaging to the UK, too, as far as I can remember. Same taste and mushiness after being in milk for a few minutes too.... mmmmmm

p22
Old Apr 1st 2004, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CitySimon

Our local Meijer store have carried Weerabix as long as I have been here (almost 18 months). They also carry a good selection of other english goods.

Meijer stores are mostly located in Michigan but there are stores in Illinois & Ohio.

Ash
Old Apr 1st 2004, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

When I was in Arkansas 6 yrs ago they carried weetabix same as British but I am yet to find it in this part of Florida..
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by pilgrim22
Is this the same Weetabix that is already available here? I posted earlier in this thread that it is fairly widely available in this neck of the woods (Dallas & San Antone, TX). Identical packaging to the UK, too, as far as I can remember. Same taste and mushiness after being in milk for a few minutes too.... mmmmmm

p22
It probably is!!! I'm excited about this mainly becuase it is my favourite breakfast and I have never seen it in up-state NY in my 12 months here..

It is distributed by a company in Texas (not virginia as previously stated) so that would fit in with it being available down there.

Anyway, whatever the case, I am going back to England in two weeks until the start of May so I will be pigging out on most British foods.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.