Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK citizens and moving back to UK with family- anyone see these thread?

UK citizens and moving back to UK with family- anyone see these thread?

Old May 3rd 2012, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK citizens and moving back to UK with family- anyone see these thread?

has anyone been reading this read on the 'moving back' forum? Seems to have major implications for anyone thinking of moving back with a US spouse and children. Can see why they are concerned about immigration but the concerns seem to be one particular ethic group. Ah the joys of having a fading empire.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752713

Last edited by jjmb; May 3rd 2012 at 3:57 pm. Reason: added US
Old May 3rd 2012, 3:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK citizens and moving back to UK with family- anyone see these thread?

Originally Posted by jjmb
has anyone been reading this read on the 'moving back' forum? Seems to have major implications for anyone thinking of moving back with a spouse and children. Can see why they are concerned about immigration but the concerns seem to be one particular ethic group. Ah the joys of having a fading empire.

If the thread already exists in the other forum, why are you reposting it here? This forum is for those folks who want to move to the USA.

Rene
Old May 3rd 2012, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK citizens and moving back to UK with family- anyone see these thread?

because there seems to be a lot of people recently considering moving back to the UK with there US spouse and families. They might want to look at this thread first.
Old May 3rd 2012, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

He isn't reposting the entire thread - just a link to it - which seems very reasonable.

If you don't want a discussion to start over here you could always just close the thread because it will still serve its purpose and people who care about it can take part in the discussion on the original thread.
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Egon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud of

I'd missed the other thread so I'm grateful for this re-post.
Old May 3rd 2012, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Egon and md95065 - I don't often look at 'Going back' so thought this was an important thread to link. I didn't expect a discussion on this, its just a link.

As I have 3 kids (born in the UK and one of whom, now has US spouse), I am slightly alarmed, as if they ever do wish to return to the UK, ( I doubt it but things change), it seems like its going to be very difficult for them if they are married.

Sorry for the poor spelling and grammar in the title, doesn't seem a way to change it.
Old May 3rd 2012, 9:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
He isn't reposting the entire thread - just a link to it - which seems very reasonable.

If you don't want a discussion to start over here you could always just close the thread because it will still serve its purpose and people who care about it can take part in the discussion on the original thread.
No problem. Was just asking.

Rene
Old May 3rd 2012, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad for the opening of the discussion here...I don't look at the moving back section.

I'm okay with the income requirement in philosophy, but that level seems high to me.
Old May 4th 2012, 10:46 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjmb
has anyone been reading this read on the 'moving back' forum? Seems to have major implications for anyone thinking of moving back with a US spouse and children. . . .
Originally Posted by Bomjeito
I'm glad for the opening of the discussion here...I don't look at the moving back section.

I'm okay with the income requirement in philosophy, but that level seems high to me.
Seems ridiculously high to me too!

The income/savings/support requirement for repatriation may double? For young dual families with children or elderly retired people wanting to repatriate to the UK with a foreign partner, this could cause major difficulties--or even derail the whole move.

Let's hope the ministers go with the lower figure mentioned in the Times article, £18,600. Or better yet, throw out the whole proposal. In this economy, what is Teresa May thinking?
Old May 16th 2012, 3:01 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I contacted my old local MP and got a letter in response, as mentioned in the other thread.

Curious if anyone else has had responses from their former MP's?