Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to the USA ?

Moving to the USA ?

Old May 14th 2012, 2:29 am
Just Joined

Lukey657 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to the USA ?

I there any way for me to accomplish this without any real qualifications or skills to offer hoping to take a regular job get an apartment and live like an every day American i am from the UK and want to move to MI

if the answer is no what is the best / fastest way for me to do this ?

thankyou for all help offered
Old May 14th 2012, 2:54 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the USA ?

Originally Posted by Lukey657
I there any way for me to accomplish this without any real qualifications or skills to offer hoping to take a regular job get an apartment and live like an every day American i am from the UK and want to move to MI

if the answer is no what is the best / fastest way for me to do this ?

thankyou for all help offered

Plenty of ways.
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski_Simplified
Old May 14th 2012, 3:07 am
Just Joined

near enough all of them are a no for me

but i did get in to visit my GF but she is not in a position to support my entry for permanent residency i will have to do this off my own back

she is not well and living with her son (who is denying her the right to speak to me even and because she needs his support we have both had to accept that) as she cant work right now we dont know if her condition will be a long term hindrance or not but for right now i would have to get myself set up there off my own accord but this has to be done by the book i wont become an illegal like friends have suggested

what do you think are my best options if any and if none is there something i can do like training or something to get me there and provide me with the tools to become a good hardworking American citizen and whats the best options for that route

sorry to ask for such specifics but this is impossible to accept it should be me supporting her not her clearly controlling son

thanks again for any and all help
Old May 14th 2012, 3:09 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

but i did get in to visit my GF but she is not in a position to support my entry for permanent residency i will have to do this off my own back

she is not well and living with her son (who is denying her the right to speak to me even and because she needs his support we have both had to accept that) as she cant work right now we dont know if her condition will be a long term hindrance or not but for right now i would have to get myself set up there off my own accord but this has to be done by the book i wont become an illegal like friends have suggested

what do you think are my best options if any and if none is there something i can do like training or something to get me there and provide me with the tools to become a good hardworking American citizen and whats the best options for that route

sorry to ask for such specifics but this is impossible to accept it should be me supporting her not her clearly controlling son

thanks again for any and all help

If the answers are all no, there's no path for you.
Old May 14th 2012, 3:23 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The ways in are the ways in, if you don't have a path, you can work your way into one, but think long term, or get her to move to the UK, or you move to a third party country.

Go study in the US or marriage are your most likely direct and quickest routes.
Old May 14th 2012, 3:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps they are "no" at the moment, but since you express an interest in doing something to work towards it in the future, you still have a few long-term options: Get a job with a company in the UK which has branches in the USA, work for that company in the correct capacity for 1 year, and then try to get transferred the USA branch. Or, get a degree in the UK and maybe by the time that is done, a US company would be interested in hiring you and sponsor a work visa. Or, if you have enough money, do the degree in the USA, to get a better foot in the door towards a prospective employer. Of course, these are all long-term plans, nothing that will get you to the USA this year.

If you're interested in being together and supporting her, you could always look into having her immigrate to the UK instead.

Rene
Old May 14th 2012, 3:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

she is not well and living with her son (who is denying her the right to speak to me even and because she needs his support we have both had to accept that) as she cant work right now we dont know if her condition will be a long term hindrance or not ...
Is your girlfriend a USC? If so, even if she can't work and doesn't have enough to sponsor you to immigrate, there are ways around that. A Joint Sponsor can be used.

Rene
Old May 14th 2012, 4:07 am
Just Joined

would health issues hinder her entrance into the UK do you think ? like if she is going to require regular medical care
and yes she is USC but its going to be very hard to get this set up with her son being this way and im not sure if there is anyone who could be the sponser
Old May 14th 2012, 4:23 am

would health issues hinder her entrance into the UK do you think ? like if she is going to require regular medical care
I don't know, I'm just throwing the idea out there for you to look into. Try asking over at www.uk-yankee.com. They have a forum similar to this one, for people wanting to immigrate to the UK.

and yes she is USC but its going to be very hard to get this set up with her son being this way and im not sure if there is anyone who could be the sponser
Again, something for her to look into.

Rene
Old May 14th 2012, 5:32 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... she is not well and living with her son (who is denying her the right to speak to me even and because she needs his support we have both had to accept that)...
How much older than you is she? In a previous post, you said you were going on 23... but if she lives with her son who is able to deny her the ability to speak with you, then she's probably close to 2x your age! It seems there's more going on than you suggest.

Respectfully... even if you get to the US, what makes you think you'll ever get to see her if her son is able to control her access?

While the heart may want what it wants, you also need to be practical about what happens once you're in the US.

Ian
Old May 14th 2012, 7:46 am
Just Joined

well tbh we just got back together after a break up and this sun hardly knows me and yes she is considerably older then me she is abiding by it because he said he will kick her out if she doesnt follow his no contact rule and cut off his internet if she contacts me via that route

last night we were talking on skype, her sun had been drinking and the place is very small he got irate about it and from the get go so she took the computer outside but battery ran low so she went in but he started pacing around in front of us i signally do you wanna type with hand actions

not wanting any stress for her especially with what she has been going through

hes denying access on 2 grounds 1) she may need his help soon like post opp and 2) she already needs the financial help as at least temporarily unable to work

with her problem it related to a long standing injury that may get very bad or may be manageable the tests will be taken shortly

im just thinking its not fair we both were so happy being back together but he just couldnt handle so we had to agree not to talk until something changes like she can have her own place again or something dif to release this hold he has over her

right now she needs him and hes using that against us ...i dont want her rowing with him to make things worse for her so i just had to say ok bye bye gonna miss u love u and she agreed to let me know how things went with the tests via the library

we both know what we are doing and we have a personal connection that is unlike anything either of us has ever experienced if things go well medically we will get back together but if they dont and he wont release this hold she has to follow suit because there is no one else really there for her

so i just want to solve it for us on my own
Old May 14th 2012, 7:55 am
Just Joined

and in answer to your last question if i was able to remain there she would want to be with me and would want me to be her support so long as she had somewhere to stay with me she would want it like that and so would I i know she wants me to come over and be with her one way or the other but she doesnt want to have to rely on this particular sun altho in other ways he has been very good he is obsessed with the idea that i will one day hurt her etc and he is border line ADHD so we dont think we could get him to accept what we want
Old May 14th 2012, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

also she is now trying to contact me whatever chance she gets also viewing it as a bump in the road rather then a permanant block ...so long as there is a good chance of sucess with anything i try she will be more then willing to give them a go
Old May 15th 2012, 12:04 am

also she is now trying to contact me whatever chance she gets also viewing it as a bump in the road rather then a permanant block ...so long as there is a good chance of sucess with anything i try she will be more then willing to give them a go
Good luck to you. If you have any further questions about marriage-based visas to the USA, you can ask them over in the US Marriage Based Visa forum, here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Rene
Old May 15th 2012, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

thankyou Rene and everyone else

looks like things are getting better anyways she has left his house and altho cramped has moved in with her other son his gf and baby girl
so hopefully contact will be easier now

we can work on it together now and i should be able to visit her sometime to fingers crossed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.