If you want to live in the US but are unsure if there are any suitable immigration routes for you, any affirmative answers to the following questions will help others to help you identify your options. Please give details where there is a hit.
- Are you married to or considering marrying a US citizen, a US permanent resident, or someone on a non-immigrant visa??
- Do you have a child over 21 who is a US citizen?
- Do you work in your home country (or another country outside the US) in a high-or medium-level position for a multinational employer with offices in the US?
- Do you have an extraordinary ability (usually, national or international recognition) in anything? .
- Do you have a sibling over 21 who is a US citizen?
- Do you have a parent who is/was a US citizen?
- Do you have a parent who is a US permanent resident?
- Do you have grandparents who are/were US citizens?
- Do you have an academic degree?
- Do you have specialist skills?
- Are you an accomplished fashion model?
- Are you a minister of religion or religious worker?
- Are you interested in menial seasonal work?
- Are you interested in becoming a student and, if so, do you have the necessary capital?
- Are you a student or recent graduate in your home country?
- Are you a potential intern/trainee for an organization such as a hotel?
- Do you have at least $200,000 in cash and an entrepreneurial spirit?
- Do you have at least $900,000 in cash?
- Do you have at least $1,800,000 in cash?
- Do you have a business in another country and are you in a position to expand your business activities to the US?
- Are you in a position to claim refugee status/political asylum?
- Are you an Australian citizen?
- Are you a Canadian or Mexican citizen?
- Are you a Singaporean or Chilean citizen?
- Are you a citizen of the Pacific nations of Palau, Marshall Islands or Federated States of Micronesia?
- Are you 50% Native American by blood but born in Canada?
- Are you an Irish citizen in university education or recently graduated?
- Were you, your spouse or your parents born in any country other than Brazil, Canada, China (mainland-born), Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, or Vietnam? (* note - this list changes over time).
- Do you have current knowledge to assist US law enforcement to investigate and prosecute crimes and terrorist activities such as money laundering and organized crime?
- Do you have connections with a member of Congress?
- Have you ever been convicted or officially sanctioned for anything, anywhere and at anytime?
- Do you suffer from a serious communicable disease?
- Do you suffer from a mental disorder?
- Have you ever broken the terms of any previous visit to the US?
- Do you have any connections whatsoever with countries the US might consider as terrorist in nature?