Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

TVproxy.co.uk gone or down

TVproxy.co.uk gone or down

Old Jan 21st 2012, 1:00 am
James Chesterton

megalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud of
Default TVproxy.co.uk gone or down

Hi, Does anyone use the proxy subscription service by tvproxy.co.uk ? They seem to have disappeared, their website is gone and service not working . . . Thanks
Old Jan 21st 2012, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

tilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud of
Default Re: TVproxy.co.uk gone or down

I dont but just checked the URL and yep its gone ?

Its not expired but looks like its run by one guy??

WHOIS Results for tvproxy.co.uk

Domain name:
tvproxy.co.uk

Registrant:
Colin Sidwell

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
PO Box 108
Droitwich
Worcs
WR9 7WB
United Kingdom

Registrar:
eNom, Inc. [Tag = ENOM]
URL: http://www.enom.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 26-Dec-2008
Renewal date: 26-Dec-2012
Last updated: 09-Dec-2010

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
dns1.name-services.com
dns2.name-services.com
dns3.name-services.com
dns4.name-services.com
dns5.name-services.com

WHOIS lookup made at 21:16:19 21-Jan-2012

--
This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registry
for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are:

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2012.

You may not access the .uk WHOIS or use any data from it except as permitted
by the terms of use available in full at http://www.nominet.org.uk/whois, which
includes restrictions on: (A) use of the data for advertising, or its
repackaging, recompilation, redistribution or reuse (B) obscuring, removing
or hiding any or all of this notice and (C) exceeding query rate or volume
limits. The data is provided on an 'as-is' basis and may lag behind the
register. Access may be withdrawn or restricted at any time.
Close Window
Old Jan 21st 2012, 8:19 pm
James Chesterton

megalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud of

Yes, annoying as I am a paid subscriber and it seems the server is still active but they have removed everything which is suggesting to me that he has 'done a runner' . . . . . I hope i'm wrong about that.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

tilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by megalaser
Yes, annoying as I am a paid subscriber and it seems the server is still active but they have removed everything which is suggesting to me that he has 'done a runner' . . . . . I hope i'm wrong about that.
Hmm yeah bit weird isnt it , hopefully its just down for updates and they were too lazy to put up a temp page. good luck !
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Probably done a runner...there's a reason it's not a good idea paying up a years sub for something so easy to disappear on you...

StrongVPN have been around for year though, and a few others, which might have been better options.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:38 pm
James Chesterton

Trouble is their month to month price was too high, I tried them for a month and their service was fantastic, using their html proxy didn't affect my connection speed. I have tried the VPN route but then my entire connection goes through it and my overall speed dropped to 1/10 of what it should be, that led me to believe that a decent proxy service is better than a VPN connection, if one can find a company that's reliable!
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

xathras is an unknown quantity at this point

you definately need to look at some of the more reputable ones.

As mentioned by others, strongvpn is good. I use PersonalVPN which is from WiTopia.

There was an aritcle on Lifehacker.com which reviewed 5 of the best, with polls etc. http://lifehacker.com/5759186/five-b...vice-providers
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:01 am
Just Joined

geordieinindia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I subscribed for 12 months, it was a good service for BBC, Ch4 not so good. We had 4 months remaining. Server seems to have been down for a week or so. I emailed the lady on the invoice. She has not replied. I think that is the end of it. I will also just go month by month in the future.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 1:24 pm
James Chesterton

I assume you mean month to month with another company because this lot APPEARS to have done a runner with the subscriptions. Their domain is still active, they just seem to have suddenly switched all services off without informing subscribers including their website and are not responding to emails.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

xathras is an unknown quantity at this point

I look into creating my own. I work in IT and could do a very basic setup with a server in the UK and base cost on donations.. (I'll even post the server cost, since I'm not in it for Profit. My VPN Service is up soon, so I can use the money on my own)

Let me do a little research