Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Trying to get Son a passport........

Trying to get Son a passport........

Old Oct 3rd 2009, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Cherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud of
Default Trying to get Son a passport........

Unless the cold meds I am on are going to me head, I'm not understanding the app forms for a passport for my 11 year old http://centralcontent.fco.gov.uk/res...890942/form-c2

Here is what I don't get. He is 11 years old, he was born in Oxford England but when we came to the US he was flown on a US Air force passport, its looks like a real US one but its not and can't be used for anything other than Gov PCS ( Pem change of station)

So I am filling in the C2, because he is a brit wanting a passport from overseas.
Well I get to section 1A and run into problems. Asked if he was adopted I say no (X) and so it sends me to .. was he/she born outside of the UK and if so were they registered with the UK.. I say no (X) Well he wasn't because he was born in the UK so I read on and it sends me to 1B and that assumes that he is adopted or other..

I can't seem to find the right forms for him
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 1:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trying to get Son a passport........

Originally Posted by Cherylbe View Post
Unless the cold meds I am on are going to me head, I'm not understanding the app forms for a passport for my 11 year old http://centralcontent.fco.gov.uk/res...890942/form-c2

Here is what I don't get. He is 11 years old, he was born in Oxford England but when we came to the US he was flown on a US Air force passport, its looks like a real US one but its not and can't be used for anything other than Gov PCS ( Pem change of station)

So I am filling in the C2, because he is a brit wanting a passport from overseas.
Well I get to section 1A and run into problems. Asked if he was adopted I say no (X) and so it sends me to .. was he/she born outside of the UK and if so were they registered with the UK.. I say no (X) Well he wasn't because he was born in the UK so I read on and it sends me to 1B and that assumes that he is adopted or other..

I can't seem to find the right forms for him
I think you're all right - 1B says is he a British citizen - can't see where it says adopted in that section.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Cherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud of

Yeah I guess I am just worried because it says... chlld born overseas and he wasn't ......he was born back home.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 5:13 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cherylbe View Post
Yeah I guess I am just worried because it says... chlld born overseas and he wasn't ......he was born back home.
Hi
Read the form again, it applies to children born in any country ... if the answer is no just tick the box and move to section 2.