Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Travelling to UK Next week

Travelling to UK Next week

Old Oct 11th 2021, 2:34 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling to UK Next week

I used Randox for my Day 2 Test, based on a recommendation on one of these threads. Full marks, the product and service were faultless.

It was delivered to my neighbor a few days before I arrived in England. The tracking was meticulous. I did the test yesterday morning, the instruction sheet they provided was foolproof and didn’t leave anything out. Packing for return to the lab was intricate, but well-described step-by-step. I took the Sunday bus into Norwich and dropped it off at their drop-box which is inside a clinic, and available 7 days a week.

It was received in the lab in Ireland a few hours later, and I just got the negative result email - about 24 hours after I dropped the test off at the drop box. So, pretty much as trouble-free as it could be!

I flew United, IAD to LHR. Excellent service and very comfortable. Flight was about 50% full. Arriving nice and early, 06:45, LHR was quiet and I was through immigration in a couple of minutes. So the whole experience wasn’t too bad.

I was walking down my street the next day, saw my old friend Bill who I hadn’t seen for 18 months. He told me he’d heard I was back. I was surprised, asked him who’d told him I was back. Oh, Alison told him. Sylvia had told Alison. How did Sylvia know, oh, Maria had told her I was arriving Friday … good thing everyone over here has net-curtains in their windows …