Reload this Page >

travelling on conditional green card

travelling on conditional green card

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

lanky1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default travelling on conditional green card

Hi everyone,
I am planning on travelling back to blighty at christmas and am totally uneducated on what i need to do/contact etc and whether i am even allowed to travel on the conditional green card i currently have (the 2 year deal).
Could anyone offer some advice?
It would be much appreciated
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: travelling on conditional green card

Originally posted by lanky1980
Hi everyone,
I am planning on travelling back to blighty at christmas and am totally uneducated on what i need to do/contact etc and whether i am even allowed to travel on the conditional green card i currently have (the 2 year deal).
Could anyone offer some advice?
As long as you are only going on vacation, you can come and go as you please. If you are leaving the country for more than 6 months, they will or may say you abandoned your residency. If you are leaving for more than six months, you need to apply for a waiver. Of course if you are out of the country every month, they may wonder if your really living here.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

lanky1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by frrussre
As long as you are only going on vacation, you can come and go as you please. If you are leaving the country for more than 6 months, they will or may say you abandoned your residency. If you are leaving for more than six months, you need to apply for a waiver. Of course if you are out of the country every month, they may wonder if your really living here.

Reg. Frank R.

Thank you, i thought that was probably the case but i have learned to be extra careful about this kinda thing, i appreciate the help
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 5:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lanky1980
...... Could anyone offer some advice?
Be sure to take your green card with you when you go as you will be required to present it with your passport when you return to the US.