Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

K-1 Visa application- Police Report Question...

K-1 Visa application- Police Report Question...

Old Jul 21st 2003, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

PaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant future
Default K-1 Visa application- Police Report Question...

Hi Folks,
I am not sure how many police reports I need for my application. I have lived in the UK all my life, until I moved to the US in May of 1994, then came back to the UK in Jan of 03. do I need reports from everywhere in the UK I've lived? I already got one from Scotland Yard, but the wording is a bit unclear- can anyone help?
Cheers,
Paul.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 8:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If you've got the Data Protection check from Scotland Yard (thats the one with the two thick blue bands across top and bottom). that covers all of England and Wales, regardless of whereabouts you lived as criminal record info is held centrally. However, If you have lived in Scotland you will need to get a form from the Scottish Criminal Record Office in Glasgow.
If you need the address "pm" me and I'll dig it out for you.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Suess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to all
Smile

Hi,
I am just starting out to get my K1 Visa. I have lived in England and now live in Scotland. Does anyone know if I will need two police reports? One from England and one from Scotland. I have just got my form from the local police force and it's not very clear. I would grateful for any help on this.

Good Luck On Your Application Paul

Suess
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 8:06 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 Visa application- Police Report Question...

Originally posted by PaulK
Hi Folks,
I am not sure how many police reports I need for my application. I have lived in the UK all my life, until I moved to the US in May of 1994, then came back to the UK in Jan of 03. do I need reports from everywhere in the UK I've lived? I already got one from Scotland Yard, but the wording is a bit unclear- can anyone help?
Cheers,
Paul.
I think you'll find a better response to your question on the US immigration newsgroups (US Immigration, US Visas or US Marriage Based Visas).

NC Penguin
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

PaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant future
Default What I found out...

Hi Folks,
here's the news. Apparently, the England and Wales form is all you need- the one from Scotland Yard with 2 blue lines on it. Even people who have lived in Scotland need this, which is absurd! I went ahead and applied for the Scotland one too, as I lived there for a while- it either costs £13 from Disclosure Scotland, or £10 from the Strathclyde Police office in Glasgow. But Disclosure Scotland makes you wait 10 days (which I don't have) while the other folks can do it in 4. I was told that the US embassy never asks for the Scots form though.
Good luck!
Paul.