Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Travel For Work Hours Pay!!

Travel For Work Hours Pay!!

Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:28 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel For Work Hours Pay!!

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
No I don't clock in never have but I do fall under the catogary as I mentioned of " A NOT an excempt salary employee which meens that I get over time

All very confusing to be honest I guess it will all come to light at the end of the day.
You are Director of Sales but are not exempt salary? Thats bit weird, as soon our staff start to head above $40K we decide that they can now tie their own shoelaces without having to be directed and can therefore become exempt.

How can you get overtime if you don't "clock-in" to measure that you have undertaken your normal time?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:59 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
You are Director of Sales but are not exempt salary? Thats bit weird, as soon our staff start to head above $40K we decide that they can now tie their own shoelaces without having to be directed and can therefore become exempt.

How can you get overtime if you don't "clock-in" to measure that you have undertaken your normal time?

I think I was given the title to make me have the influence over the other employee's it is no more then a title don't read too much into it lol.
I get a base salary and then I get commision on top of that and no I do not clock in as I said, we write our hours down and hand them in BI-weekly.

Basically I think I am getting screwed for want of a better word.

Excempt is defined very carefully please see below for those that may find it interesting!
http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/complian..._executive.htm
Old Jul 17th 2007, 3:07 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

I'm salaried and can't claim overtime. When I go on travel I just bill my normal hours, whether I'm on travel for 5 hours or 20 hours of the day. Since I don't go on travel too often I don't worry about the details too much.