British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Travel For Work Hours Pay!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/travel-work-hours-pay-465763/)

Poppy girl Jul 13th 2007 12:51 am

Travel For Work Hours Pay!!

Does anyone know in the state of California if different from any other state?

What time does the clock start for me to put my travel hours in as my boss is a tight ass and I want to know when do I start the clock to speak and then end.
Do I count the time from Airport to destination!
Also on a work day in my case the weekend do I start the clock the minute I leave the Hotel or arrive at the destination?

I tried to get through to the Cali gov site today but could not get to speak to anyone and I know that the boss will try and screw me for want of a better word if it helps I am NOT excempt salary.

Need to hand this in tomorrow.

Cheers

hatfield1 Jul 13th 2007 1:22 am

Re: Travel For Work Hours Pay!!

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 5047693)

What time does the clock start for me to put my travel hours in as my boss is a tight ass and I want to know when do I start the clock to speak and then end.
Also on a work day in my case the weekend do I start the clock the minute I leave the Hotel or arrive at the destination?

I tried to get through to the Cali gov site today but could not get to speak to anyone and I know that the boss will try and screw me for want of a better word if it helps I am NOT excempt salary.

Cheers

Uhhh…..If I get what it is your asking,:confused: I would always count travel as “on the clock” BUT I don’t know what you do or the details of your contract. Don’t know if this helps but good luck anyway. :thumbsup:

AdobePinon Jul 13th 2007 1:24 am

What hatfield says. But I doubt any laws protect you in this matter. Could be wrong.

Poppy girl Jul 13th 2007 1:40 am

Originally Posted by hatfield1 (Post 5047749)
Uhhh…..If I get what it is your asking,:confused: I would always count travel as “on the clock” BUT I don’t know what you do or the details of your contract. Don’t know if this helps but good luck anyway. :thumbsup:

It does not specify on the contract:(

hatfield1 Jul 13th 2007 1:45 am

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 5047797)
It does not specify on the contract:(

I would Bill for travel time. :thumbsup:Are you food and accommodations paid for? I would make work pay for that as well. :thumbsup:BUT I don’t know your situation.

ScousePete Jul 13th 2007 1:56 am

Are you a hooker?

hatfield1 Jul 13th 2007 2:02 am

Originally Posted by ScousePete (Post 5047829)
Are you a hooker?

:rofl:

NC Penguin Jul 13th 2007 2:04 am

Cheers

Have you looked at the Dept of Labor website? There may be links to State depts of labor.

Also, SRHM's website may have some resources.

Titchski Jul 13th 2007 11:05 am

I do get paid for travelling to remote sites at work - both hourly wage and mileage. However I do not get paid for travel to and from the main office, where I work out of.

Poppy girl Jul 13th 2007 1:40 pm

Are you a hooker?

lol I am sure I would make more money if I was :p I am a Director of Sales.

another bloody yank Jul 13th 2007 2:02 pm

Are you a hooker?

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 5049946)
I am a Director of Sales.

So a pimp then.

:p

hatfield1 Jul 13th 2007 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 5050084)
So a pimp then.

:p

:rofl::rofl:

BritGuyTN Jul 13th 2007 2:43 pm

are you not salaried?

I'm in sales management and have never 'clocked in' and typically travel time in the industry i'm in is part and parcel of the job

BritGuyTN Jul 13th 2007 2:46 pm

Then you need to sell something else :D

if you are good and in the right sector 200-300k a year is not out of the question. Not many hookers make that kind of wedge :thumbsup:

(I don't unfortunately make that because I'm lazy and don;t want to leave my company to move to somewhere like Oracle...)

Poppy girl Jul 17th 2007 2:11 am

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN (Post 5050281)
are you not salaried?

I'm in sales management and have never 'clocked in' and typically travel time in the industry i'm in is part and parcel of the job

No I don't clock in never have but I do fall under the catogary as I mentioned of " A NOT an excempt salary employee which meens that I get over time;)

All very confusing to be honest I guess it will all come to light at the end of the day.