Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Transporting a Horse to the US

Transporting a Horse to the US

Old Dec 9th 2015, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

boltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Transporting a Horse to the US

Hi,

My wife and I are moving to Pittsburgh in March/ April and my wife wants to take her horse with her. We have found a company to do it and have an approximate cost but I was wondering if anyone on here had any experience of exporting their own horse?

Dave
Old Dec 9th 2015, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transporting a Horse to the US

I exported a cat, but never a horse.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

boltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
I exported a cat, but never a horse.
The dog is coming too! He seems straightforward compared to the ned!
Old Dec 9th 2015, 7:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

There was someone about two years ago +/- who was taking her horse to Texas. Maybe if you search you can find the thread. That is the only case of moving a horse to the US I recall seeing here on BE.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 11:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
There was someone about two years ago +/- who was taking her horse to Texas. Maybe if you search you can find the thread. That is the only case of moving a horse to the US I recall seeing here on BE.
For once, search is working AND found the thread!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-5...-texas-838459/
Old Dec 10th 2015, 11:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Not much help as I'm not in contact with the chap these days, but did know a guy who used to do it fairly regularly, shipped them in from the Middle East and Russia mostly...but he was a right shifty Russian, so it might not have been all that legit.

He did say it was pretty easy though, if you've got the cash to do it, but he did plane loads at a time for horse racing people as he used to be a trainer before moving here.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a large dog so am interested in the process.