Reload this Page >

Transferring from Bank of America to Nationwide

Transferring from Bank of America to Nationwide

Old Oct 2nd 2013, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

george7378 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transferring from Bank of America to Nationwide

Hi everyone!

I've been working in America on a J1 visa over the summer and I now want to transfer my earnings from my Bank of America checking account to my Nationwide one in the UK. I guess there will be a fee or something, but I don't really know how to find out.

Thanks!
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 3:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferring from Bank of America to Nationwide

Use an on-line remitter, such as xe.com (which I have used frequently, but I hear the exchange rates aren't the best these days), or xoom.com. There are many others. .... If given a choice, make sure to select "credit by ACH/BACS/ direct credit (NOT "wire"), otherwise Nationwide will likely stick you with a wire fee.

If you send a wire from BoA to Nationwide you will pay a wire fee at both ends, probably $25, and £25, or more, in each case.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferring from Bank of America to Nationwide

Originally Posted by Pulaski
If you send a wire from BoA to Nationwide you will pay a wire fee at both ends, probably $25, and £25, or more, in each case.
BofA charge $35 for an international wire transfer. If you make the transfer in the currency of the country that you are sending to there is usually no fee charged by the receiving bank (at least that has been my experience).