Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Torture Devices

Torture Devices

Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:04 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

I have one of them $15 GE kettle things, its 2 years old and still going strong.

If you don't want to part with $15, just use a bloody saucepan, its good enough!

If you do catch the burgulars, sit em on the washing machine, unplug the 220v cord, bare back some insulation using your swiss army knife, duct tape the shinnie copper part to their testicles and plug it back in

They won't steal again, I can assure you!
Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:23 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

What State is the OP in ..
Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:27 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
What State is the OP in ..
Texas
Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by James Box
lol.. umm. Actually I think it was $100 total for the 3 transformers that we got including the shipping for the heavy things. We got them for the kettle, toaster, amplifier/receiver, network switch and scanner.

Cheaper than the cost of replacing all of them and in the case of the kettle, couldn't be replaced.
Do you have the name of the company you got them from, we're moving over in 2 weeks and i'm not sure whether to bring electrical items or not
Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by manc1976
If someone is done harm on your land, by you or your negligence they can sue you and will in all probability win.

unless they are threatening you directly with physical harm you cannot claim self defense

a little crazy I know, but that's how it is.
That's a pity - the only reason I came here was so I could plug the scally b@stards when they try to nick the telly

...actually I'd love to see someone try and nick my telly, it weighs 300 pounds and took four big blokes to carry it in !!
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:04 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Yosser
Texas
In Texas its virtually your God given right to be armed...if you hold a GC you can get a carry permit..you cannot be refused ..its nearly as simple as Florida.. In fact my carry permit is valid in Texas too... or just put a can of pepper spray just inside the door to go off when opened ..that'll bring tears to their eyes..
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:35 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

In Texas its virtually your God given right to be armed...if you hold a GC you can get a carry permit..you cannot be refused ..its nearly as simple as Florida.. In fact my carry permit is valid in Texas too... or just put a can of pepper spray just inside the door to go off when opened ..that'll bring tears to their eyes..

good idea...you could booby trap the garage door with pepper spray - several cans...even leave a warning on the outside of the door to avoid law suits, something like

"Don't even think about it you knob, or you'll be crying yourself to sleep tonight"

just don't forget you did it and then walk into the garage yourself.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light

http://darwinawards.de/darwin/darwin2002-27.html
Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:33 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally posted by Big Vern
http://darwinawards.de/darwin/darwin2002-27.html
Also from Darwin...

Shed Protection
2002 Honorable Mention
(August 2002, Netherlands) A 66-year-old Margraten resident wanted to protect his garden shed against burglars. The best way to do this, he decided, was to construct a booby trap. He cobbled together some ropes and a shotgun aimed at the door. Proud of his ingenuity, he demonstrated the effectiveness of the device to two friends by shooting himself in the abdomen and lower arm. An emergency operation prevented him from winning a Darwin Award. Police searched his home, and confiscated firearms and ammo, along with 15 full-grown marijuana plants that perhaps helped him formulate this painful lesson in safety.
Reference: Dagblad de Limburger, www.limburger.nl

DarwinAwards.com © 1994-2003
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
I got one for the gas stove from Ikea for $20.

cheap at half the price.
I got one from Ikea that cost $5. What did yours look like?
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

In Texas its virtually your God given right to be armed...
Another reason why I wouldn't move there.
:scared:
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:49 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Now you are in my territory ...and talking sense... but you never shoot while they are on your land ..always invite them in first
And then make them a nice cuppa tea with your $130.00 kettle.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:51 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by AmerLisa
Another reason why I wouldn't move there.
:scared:
Exactly. You never know if it's a bullet coming at you or a flying cockroach.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Yes well the gun idea is certainly one my hubby and dad are in favour of, in fact my dads suggestion was a Claymore rigged up in the garage

I actually went with some motion sensors, attached to a rather loud alarm and light, which hopefully will cause the little bar-stewards to wet themselves if they try our garage again.

I'm going to chain the lawn mower and the bikes up as well, just make it all a little less convenient for them.

We actually have a theory on who it is, I'd love to catch the little snots in the act.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
Exactly. You never know if it's a bullet coming at you or a flying cockroach.

Hey, I had to live there for a year, several years ago. The flying cockroach is no lie. :scared:

Texas is a planet of its own.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.