Reload this Page >

Thoughts/advice?

Thoughts/advice?

Old Jan 18th 2012, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

slice of life is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thoughts/advice?

Hi All,

Finally decided to sign up to the site after being a on and off lurker for a while. I would like to ask some advice on the best way about the following situation.

I am married to a USC our paperwork went off ages ago (seems like forever) so all is good on that front.

We recently moved to be closer to her family as we are expecting our 1st child. We figured we would move closer as they can offer certain types of support that I can't give her. The company I was working for didn't pay me my last 2 weeks wages and various other monies that was due to me. I filed with the Dept of Labor and have a hearing either in March or April. I have to show that I worked those weeks, which is easy to do.

Now this situation has brought a lot of stress and worry as you can imagine. so my question is.....I know that this company has hired workers without a work visa. I also know that for work visas for other people they have put down qualifications that they don't have in order to get people over on a P1 visa. I also know that they hired a UKC girlfriend to come over on a visa "to work for them" but never worked for them at all.

What advice would you give you me? Should I report them? If so, who do and how do I go about this.

Any advice or thoughts would be great.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thoughts/advice?

Is it fair to say you no longer work for them?

USCIS does have a hotline for this sort of thing, I believe you can do it anonymously if you are worried about back lash.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

correct, I don't work for them anymore
Old Jan 18th 2012, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slice of life
correct, I don't work for them anymore
After you have settled your business with them in April or May, then contact USCIS.

Ian
Old Jan 18th 2012, 7:56 pm
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh - I think this is a difficult one. Whilst I hate to think people are here when they shouldn't be (having spent way too many $$$' to mention to do it properly!), I also believe about never burning bridges. I also think you may regret performing such an act one day as it's going to affect people whom you do not personally know.

Horrible position to be in, but I'd just think very carefully before taking any action like this to make sure it's not something that haunts you more than the experience you've just had with the company.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:07 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Finally decided to sign up to the site after being a on and off lurker for a while. I would like to ask some advice on the best way about the following situation.

I am married to a USC our paperwork went off ages ago (seems like forever) so all is good on that front.

We recently moved to be closer to her family as we are expecting our 1st child. We figured we would move closer as they can offer certain types of support that I can't give her. The company I was working for didn't pay me my last 2 weeks wages and various other monies that was due to me. I filed with the Dept of Labor and have a hearing either in March or April. I have to show that I worked those weeks, which is easy to do.

Now this situation has brought a lot of stress and worry as you can imagine. so my question is.....I know that this company has hired workers without a work visa. I also know that for work visas for other people they have put down qualifications that they don't have in order to get people over on a P1 visa. I also know that they hired a UKC girlfriend to come over on a visa "to work for them" but never worked for them at all.

What advice would you give you me? Should I report them? If so, who do and how do I go about this.

Any advice or thoughts would be great.
I don't agree with people being here illegally, however, do you know the people affected know their paperwork was falsified, or do they believe they are here legally?

You say you are going through a lot of stress and worry, imagine how much you are going to heap on these people by reporting the company. It sounds like you are considering reporting the company to hurt them, but ultimately it will be the employees who could be totally unaware of the situtation and who have built lives here that you will be hurting.

Tricky one
Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the input so far.

the people who got hired illegally no longer work for the company and i'm very good friends with 1. He incidentally got hired properly after working ilegally for them. He is married to his longtime girlfriend now and his paperwork has got back to him, so he is fine.

The company itself are all childhood friends from England and thats all who works for them at the moment except another friend who is getting married in a fortnight. The people they have hired knew the paperwork was being falsified and they got told to say they had x qualification at the embassy. the company even went over this in a office meeting with them. The owners are basically bully's who think they can shout a little bit and everyone will back off. I'm not the only 1 who has or has issues with them annd i'm not the only one they owe money too.

i will be honest and say i do want them to suffer some for the way they treat people
Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:26 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the input so far.

the people who got hired illegally no longer work for the company and i'm very good friends with 1. He incidentally got hired properly after working ilegally for them. He is married to his longtime girlfriend now and his paperwork has got back to him, so he is fine.

The company itself are all childhood friends from England and thats all who works for them at the moment except another friend who is getting married in a fortnight. The people they have hired knew the paperwork was being falsified and they got told to say they had x qualification at the embassy. the company even went over this in a office meeting with them. The owners are basically bully's who think they can shout a little bit and everyone will back off. I'm not the only 1 who has or has issues with them annd i'm not the only one they owe money too.

i will be honest and say i do want them to suffer some for the way they treat people
That sounds fair enough then, I'd probably report them too. I don't know the legal ins and outs though, but could knowingly lying to an embassy official still get you in trouble regardless of whether you have since acquired residency legally?
Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
I don't know the legal ins and outs though, but could knowingly lying to an embassy official still get you in trouble regardless of whether you have since acquired residency legally?
YES!

Rene
Old Jan 18th 2012, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can contact ICE via email at [email protected] or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423.