Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

For those in Chicagoland area....

For those in Chicagoland area....

Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Peacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nice
Default For those in Chicagoland area....

I dont know if anyone in the Chicagoland area has heard of this place but my co-worker mentioned it to me just. Its a British shop called British Accents based in Long Grove. I just spoke with the owner and they have a tonne of British food goodies, im off to stock up the weekend! Apprently they have Terrys Chocolate Orange, penquins, golden syrup to name a few things but alot of stuff thats I havent managed to find elsewhere in the area. Im going there the weekend so will post what kinds of goodies i find there
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those in Chicagoland area....

Originally Posted by Peacefulove
I dont know if anyone in the Chicagoland area has heard of this place but my co-worker mentioned it to me just. Its a British shop called British Accents based in Long Grove. I just spoke with the owner and they have a tonne of British food goodies, im off to stock up the weekend! Apprently they have Terrys Chocolate Orange, penquins, golden syrup to name a few things but alot of stuff thats I havent managed to find elsewhere in the area. Im going there the weekend so will post what kinds of goodies i find there
I don't remember any big selection there - there are some Irish shops in Long Grove that seemed to have more actually - even some frozen pasties and sausages and stuff if I remember rightly.

And there's a little deli in Barrington, run by an Irish guy, that had some stuff too.

Trader Joe's has bangors apparently.

What else... World Market has some things - there's one in Crystal Lake, but I'm sure there are more around.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:13 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tracym
I don't remember any big selection there - there are some Irish shops in Long Grove that seemed to have more actually - even some frozen pasties and sausages and stuff if I remember rightly.

And there's a little deli in Barrington, run by an Irish guy, that had some stuff too.

Trader Joe's has bangors apparently.

What else... World Market has some things - there's one in Crystal Lake, but I'm sure there are more around.
Look forward to your report Peacefulove! Thanks for thinking of us...
Old Jul 19th 2008, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

When I was there, last year, it was closed. So, I bought a bunch of stuff from the Irish Store, there instead.

We have the "Yorkshire Rose" which is run by Pat Cross from Leeds. We also have "Shamrock Imports" run by Maureen Siegert, who is originally from Dublin.

Jim.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: For those in Chicagoland area....

Stopped into "British Accents" in Long Grove, yesterday (Friday) intending to buy a few things.

Quite a few of the items, I looked at, were beyond their "Best Before" dates. Needless to say, I won't be back there in a hurry.

Be careful to check dates, before stocking up on goodies.

Jim.