Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to get to USA permanent ?

Wikiposts

Is there a way to get to USA permanent ?

Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:07 am
Banned

Bossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is there a way to get to USA permanent ?

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
From the OP's other post:

"...I have been searching to move from the Uk before the deeper rot sets in "

Methinks a Daily Mail reader is heading for dissapointment.
No he wont after reading your comments , which appear to be piss takes ? and thinking is this the general US attitude? then maybe its just as well i wont be able to get there .

I wont be here when the rot sets but it just wont be USA , but thanks for answering the post as after comparing your replys against other Europe forums on Spain Majorca etc, and how rude ignorant and smug some of the replys have been ! Now i feel more pleased than i was with going for option 2 . Where the people are sensible and friendly.

So thanks didnt help but made USA go down in my opinion.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:14 am
Banned

Bossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ray
But did you check the Deed restriction, property taxes, electric and water bills...

Basically there is no way you can retire properly here ....
Your right they don't want you .....
Yes no probs on deeds your property taxes are cheap .electric cheap. water well similar..
But you have cheap everything else which makes up for health insurance and stuff pound for pound you have it easy there , plus such a better lifestyle. Trust me England has gone to the dogs ..

Yep i agree they dont want us , got the message very loud and crystal clear .
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:14 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bossman-kent
No he wont after reading your comments , which appear to be piss takes ? and thinking is this the general US attitude? then maybe its just as well i wont be able to get there .

I wont be here when the rot sets but it just wont be USA , but thanks for answering the post as after comparing your replys against other Europe forums on Spain Majorca etc, and how rude ignorant and smug some of the replys have been ! Now i feel more pleased than i was with going for option 2 . Where the people are sensible and friendly.

So thanks didnt help but made USA go down in my opinion.
Piss takes, maybe. Most people posting are Brits living in the US, who know how hard it is to emigrate here. I think they're trying to tell you in a very British way, taking into account the information you've given, you haven't a snowballs chance in Majorca.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:16 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Piss takes, maybe. Most people posting are Brits living in the US, who know how hard it is to emigrate here. I think they're trying to tell you in a very British way, taking into account the information you've given, you haven't a snowballs chance in Majorca.

btw isn't Majorca full of Germans?
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:19 am
Banned

Yes got the message lol

If there ex Brits then they should be ashamed of themselves . Why didnt they just post what you put simple precise and to the point ..
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:21 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Yes no probs on deeds your property taxes are cheap .electric cheap. water well similar..
But you have cheap everything else which makes up for health insurance and stuff pound for pound you have it easy there , plus such a better lifestyle. Trust me England has gone to the dogs ..

Yep i agree they dont want us , got the message very loud and crystal clear .
You call $300 a month for electric cheap?? $500 a month for property taxes cheap??
Oh but yeah, I can get cheap jeans so it all even out doesn't it.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:21 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

and thinking is this the general US attitude? .
no it's a brit attitude!
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:25 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Yes got the message lol

If there ex Brits then they should be ashamed of themselves . Why didnt they just post what you put simple precise and to the point ..
It's nothing personal, the most asked question on the US forum is, "I'm a Brit and want to move to Florida, because we've been to Disney twice and it's great, we have no money, no skills and no family there." So everyone tends to answer with a bit of tongue in cheek mockery. The same thing crops up 3 or 4 times a week.

If you truly like Majorca and you seem to have some funds, that's a great choice.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:27 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Elvira
btw isn't Majorca full of Germans?
Has a few there but being honest i find them hard working and ok people , so dont have a problem with them at all ..

On last visits got to know a few and unlike USA they are very smart dressers polite and nice people ! , yea sure they hog the swimming pools lol and nick the best sunbeds up at 4 am lol
But i prefer the beach so let them have them anyway ..

By the way My father was German my Mother was English i am born and bred in England so dont have any probs with them .. Unlike the UK which is more like spot the white guy every day ,lol
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:32 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Has a few (Germans) there but being honest i find them hard working and ok people , so dont have a problem with them at all ...............Unlike the UK which is more like spot the white guy every day ,lol

Gosh, I was in the UK (London) only 3 weeks ago and I could swear that over 90% of the people I came across were white!

And from your description, Germans in Majorca seem very similar to Poles in England...
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:35 am
Banned

It's nothing personal, the most asked question on the US forum is, "I'm a Brit and want to move to Florida, because we've been to Disney twice and it's great, we have no money, no skills and no family there." So everyone tends to answer with a bit of tongue in cheek mockery. The same thing crops up 3 or 4 times a week.

If you truly like Majorca and you seem to have some funds, that's a great choice.
Yea i see where your coming from and being honest i can imagine you do get a lot but i am quite unique , I have ran businesses since age of 18 i am now 49 ,, worked hard now its time to cash in and use the money to retire ! So cant see why Have to be forced to put 1/2 million into a business which i dont want to do and dont need to if you see where i am coming from ?

If they said hey give us 100,000 for the privilage to stay here forever then being honest i would say yea ok . Job done i get the house near the beach with the mooring for the boat , speak the language love Wendys love taco bells etc, lol do me fishing bit of sunbathing swimming tour around the country and relax and enjoy the last years of my life !
Totally self funding no drain on the US economy at all .. So thats why i asked.

But well looks like its Majorca and Vorsprung Technich people lol
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:38 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Elvira
Gosh, I was in the UK (London) only 3 weeks ago and I could swear that over 90% of the people I came across were white!

And from your description, Germans in Majorca seem very similar to Poles in England...
You didnt go to the edges i guess ?? Lewisham . Kingston , ??

And the Poles in England take the jobs in Mcdonalds and KFC and such like , lol They dont have no money at all !

The germans in Majorca own all the top end 1.5 million luxury propertys not quite the same !
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:40 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Has someone mentioned the cost of healthcare and dental yet?

If one is self-employed, retired and/or with pre-existing health conditions, that person can pay big bucks just for premiums. Then, if you have surgery or get prescribed new meds that are still under patent or treatment, it's enough to make the person bankrupt.

NC Penguin
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:40 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

... Unlike the UK which is more like spot the white guy every day ,lol
Didn't take you long to prove that you're the TWAT that we all thought you were, did it?

The good thing about you emigrating is that there'll be one less racist bigot next time I go back for a visit. The best thing about you emigrating is that you won't be coming here either.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that when you emigrate, you'll be yet another ****ing immigrant in whatever nation will take you in. You may be the "right colour", but you'll be an immigrant all the same. Perhaps you'll meet some likeminded locals who will remind you to piss off back to where you came from, eh?

Last edited by dbj1000; Sep 18th 2006 at 11:44 am.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:44 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
You call $300 a month for electric cheap?? $500 a month for property taxes cheap??
Oh but yeah, I can get cheap jeans so it all even out doesn't it.
You must be running a factory at them costs not a House lol
Unless you got a mansion maybe ?? electric seems high yes ..

Rates = £ 265 mine are £ 200 ish here and i dont have waterfront ? so thats ok

I live with that ..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.