Is there a TPS in the USA

Old Mar 11th 2014, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is there a TPS in the USA

Part of Facebook, there are alternates.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Part of Facebook, there are alternates.
That's only a recent development. We've been using whatapps for about 2 years now. We haven't seen a difference in using the app since the buy-out.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 7:34 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

I have an American cellphone and the number is on donotcall.gov, I bought it just so that I could enjoy people phoning me with sales BS. Really, there's nothing that keeps you warm during a Canadian winter like running for your phone and answering some halfwit in India.

What I do find fascinating is that in Canada they have this thing almost unknown in the US called: "enforcement", whereby when someone breaks the law, they go after them. For example some company from the Philippines violated the Canadian DNCL and the CRTC got the govt. to actually get the ambassador in for a dressing down.

The CRTC being the Canadian equivalent of the FCC, which as you can see by this article definitely has a staff of truly serious wankers: http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/03...tica-channels/
Old Mar 12th 2014, 1:06 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
OH and I use this all the time to chat between each other and his family. When we were in the US, this was the easiest way to stay in contact with his mom/dad in Scotland and his sister in South Africa. It beats paying international texting charges, that's for sure! Why resist Rich? It's easy to use...unless you are just trying to avoid talking to him!
A little bit But my point was, 75 y/o into the latest tech, more than me
Old Mar 12th 2014, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
If you have a business relation with the company they can call, charity and political calls are exempt, otherwise it's a $10K fine per call, so just mention it to whoever calls you to make sure you're off the list and then report them anyway.
Yeah but you get these spoofed business using false names and numbers.
I normally just hang up although if feeling naughty I keep them on the phone continuously explaining what they're offering and then pass me to a supervisor to ask the same thing.
Sometimes I give them one of those strange UK credit card numbers.

0111 2222 3333 UFOFF
Old Mar 13th 2014, 1:38 am
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
OH and I use this all the time to chat between each other and his family. When we were in the US, this was the easiest way to stay in contact with his mom/dad in Scotland and his sister in South Africa. It beats paying international texting charges, that's for sure! Why resist Rich? It's easy to use...unless you are just trying to avoid talking to him!
Whats to resist? Whatsapps has been purchased by facebook who have a tendency to data mine your information and share it with the world, regardless of your privacy selections. It might not happen straight away but facebook didnt pay millions for nothing did they?
Old Mar 13th 2014, 1:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Billions I thought.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 2:34 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Billions I thought.
19 of them.