Texas-ites

Old Jun 14th 2013, 1:05 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Texas-ites

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Well I guess that's one way to control population growth.

You would think that would get a bit sore after a while.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 2:41 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
It is really bad out here in the boonies
At least you get cheap gas out there....
Old Jun 14th 2013, 2:43 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze
We attempted to go for a swim. It mostly involved Mr Weeze trying to hit the mossies of me and the two mini-Weeze's. Enough is enough. He has announced he is going to buy some of the stuff you can spray the plants with that stops mossies landing on them.
That's just going to mean they can't land anywhere except on you....and when they do, they're gonna be tired, cranky and hungry

You need one of those things Ray has over his pool...
Old Jun 14th 2013, 11:27 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
That's just going to mean they can't land anywhere except on you....and when they do, they're gonna be tired, cranky and hungry

You need one of those things Ray has over his pool...
What, a minigun turret? Seems a tad extreme...
Old Jun 14th 2013, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Well I guess that's one way to control population growth.
In Texas, no way! Truck breeding is at it's peak

Originally Posted by Nutek

You would think that would get a bit sore after a while.
No, the humidity helps keep everything moist

At least you get cheap gas out there....
Cheap gas, mosquitoes and plenty of fire ants. What more could you ask for?
Old Jun 16th 2013, 7:08 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Poor mini-Weeze has about 30 bites of her legs. She was helping Mr Weeze cut some plants back yesterday. She was covered in bug spray. The plants have been sprayed with the garden stuff and I have planted some lemongrass. I'll see how I get on with them and might plant some more if they seem to be working.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma

Cheap gas, mosquitoes and plenty of fire ants. What more could you ask for?
Snakes? Gators? Earwigs?

Last edited by Yorkieabroad; Jun 16th 2013 at 7:23 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Weeze
Poor mini-Weeze has about 30 bites of her legs. She was helping Mr Weeze cut some plants back yesterday. She was covered in bug spray. The plants have been sprayed with the garden stuff and I have planted some lemongrass. I'll see how I get on with them and might plant some more if they seem to be working.
Oh, that's not good - its hard for the young ones to not scratch...

We've got a few of those "mosquito" plants dotted around in pots. No idea if they do any good or not. HEB and Kroger have them in - they smell like citronella candles - I think someone on here told me they were some sort of scented geranium
Old Jun 16th 2013, 8:13 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Snakes? Gators? Earwigs?
Had the snake yesterday too. Machete >>> snake
Old Jun 16th 2013, 8:14 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, a saw citronella plants somewhere. They are a geranium type thing. I went to Houston Garden centers though and they were all sold out. Just back from a swim. Lots of dead things in the pool, but no mossies. I can honestly say that's the first swim in the new pool I've enjoyed as there were so many mossies flying round before.

We had fun putting the pool fence up yesterday. It had been stored in the garage by the previous owners. I put up half with mini mini Weeze on my hip. Mr Weeze saw me struggling so back to put up the second half for me. Mostly assembled when Mini Weeze shouted snake. Right enough, a snake was asleep in it and it must have fallen out as we unravelled it. Almost 3 ft I think. A but shorter now Mr Weeze has cut it's head off.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 7:16 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
While the Deep Woods DEET stuff works you do end up smelling like you've doused yourself in Sex Panther.
I use that on sweaty bits like the elbow/knee pits and also one of the Off! fans. Combined it seems to work reasonably well but I dare say it's not as bad here as in Houston.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 10:29 pm

http://www.keepsbugsoff.com/en-US/Pr...-Backyard.aspx

Well I'm happy to report this stuff works! Mr Weeze sprayed the yard a week ago. Considering how many mossies we had before (they swarmed at me) I've only seen one or two in the whole week. The reviews are pretty bla, but it worked for us.