Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Texas is closed

Texas is closed

Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Texas is closed

Originally Posted by Big D
Its preperation/practice and risk verses cost - if it only happens one day a year every few years its not worth spending the cash on so you it gets messy!!!

They didn't close down my part of Texas, unfortunately ,but it is a bit nippy here today may even have to turn the heat on tonight
Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:44 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Well you should have been commenting on him and you don't sound very British for not knowing who he is!
erm...I've always wondered what that thingy in your avatar was
Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:48 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Perfect weather here. Tad nippy, but doesn't stop me wandering around in a short sleeved top. Beautiful blue skies, excepting the last day or so. Rained all night, soft rain, which is pretty unusual for this place, and overcast today, but back to wonderful sunny skies soon, I'm sure.

It has been a perfect winter this year. The last 3 years or so have been blooming freezing from beginning of November, but this year we've only had a cold day now and then, with really hot days iin between.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:04 pm

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
Today's High is 44 FFS!! what do you expect...it's f'ing freezing!!!!
A high of 29F and a low of 14F. Think I might go skinny dipping in the pool when I get home.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:11 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by syllk
A high of 29F and a low of 14F. Think I might go skinny dipping in the pool when I get home.
you'll be wearing your balls on the inside
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:18 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Pigtails]
Originally Posted by Big D
Don't drop that sweet rapper
QUOTE]

I didn't know there was such a thing as a sweet rapper. I thought they were all gang members?

They have soft heart though. They sing for the childrens hospitals when they're not working
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Snow.......hmmm. Nope. Whats that then?
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:57 pm

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Snow.......hmmm. Nope. Whats that then?
About $120 for a gram.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by syllk
About $120 for a gram.
wow. must cost a lot to cover the whole of texas then
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
I don't have any comments to make about this thread topic -- I just had to tell you how cool I think your avatar is! Classic!!

~ Jenney
Thanks.

And I'm not British either.....
Old Dec 9th 2005, 1:35 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Toontje
Thanks.

And I'm not British either.....

Seems to be a lot of that about around here...

Anyway, for those of you who missed out, the official report:
http://www.news8austin.com/content/t...sp?ArID=151546
Old Dec 9th 2005, 1:59 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Chorlton
It got a bit cold and apparently they dont know how to throw grit on the major roads, so half of central Texas is shut down
Not that I care right now
I vaguely remember whole seasons of ice and all that back in jolly old Endland, and believe it or not, going to work too
We've got loads of snow in NJ today and it's supposed to be business in usual but I'm the only one in. Everyone is 'working from home'.

London just stops working in snow. A couple of years ago, hundreds of people couldn't get home all night because tubes and buses stopped working. Luckily I was in sunny Spain at the time and heard about it from colleagues later.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:09 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shahlax
We've got loads of snow in NJ today and it's supposed to be business in usual but I'm the only one in. Everyone is 'working from home'.
Same here. And driving 20 miles to work in second gear was also fun.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:07 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
what a complete and utter bunch of mard arses.

"don't mess with Texas", what a crock of bollocks.
Not wanting to support TX, but just about anyplace south of the Mason-Dixon line shuts down when they get snow. Idiots can't drive to begin with, and still try to weave in and out of traffic while going 75 mph...