British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Texas is closed (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/texas-closed-341761/)

Chorlton Dec 8th 2005 3:08 pm

Texas is closed

It got a bit cold and apparently they dont know how to throw grit on the major roads, so half of central Texas is shut down :D
Not that I care right now :beer:
I vaguely remember whole seasons of ice and all that back in jolly old Endland, and believe it or not, going to work too :eek:

Toontje Dec 8th 2005 3:40 pm

Re: Texas is closed

Originally Posted by Chorlton
It got a bit cold and apparently they dont know how to throw grit on the major roads, so half of central Texas is shut down :D
No that I care right now :beer:
I vaguely remember whole seasons of ice and all that back in jolly old Endland, and believe it or not, going to work too :eek:

Bunch of sissies here...... :)

Just Jenney Dec 8th 2005 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Toontje
Bunch of sissies here...... :)

I don't have any comments to make about this thread topic -- I just had to tell you how cool I think your avatar is! Classic!! :D

~ Jenney

bright spark Dec 8th 2005 4:04 pm

I am sure its not easy being Texan in winter, seeing that every time you go over a bridge it warns you of the killer ice beast, they must pap there pants every time they go over a bridge or get the 9mm out and just kill the bugger. :scared:

Chorlton Dec 8th 2005 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
I don't have any comments to make about this thread topic -- I just had to tell you how cool I think your avatar is! Classic!! :D

~ Jenney

Thanks! Chorlton showed us how kids TV should be :D

Leslie Dec 8th 2005 4:09 pm

It's hilarious isn't it? :D

Pigtails Dec 8th 2005 4:09 pm

I just got off the phone with someone in Dallas. He said they had 1/4 inch of icy snow, and so there's hardly anyone in the office today LOL!

Leslie Dec 8th 2005 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Pigtails
I just got off the phone with someone in Dallas. He said they had 1/4 inch of icy snow, and so there's hardly anyone in the office today LOL!

:D :D

Nobody ever believes me when I tell them that Texas shuts down completely at the first whiff of snow. :D

Manc Dec 8th 2005 4:21 pm

what a complete and utter bunch of mard arses.

"don't mess with Texas", what a crock of bollocks.

Dimsie Dec 8th 2005 4:22 pm

Same weather in SW Oklahoma - on the TV weather channel last night they issued a warning and advice on screen on how to keep warm.....lol! Something along these lines:

" 1.Wear several layers of clothing, 2.Cover your head, 3. Cover exposed skin" DOH! :o I'd never have thought of that!

Thank you Mummy!

Leslie Dec 8th 2005 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
what a complete and utter bunch of mard arses.

"don't mess with Texas", what a crock of bollocks.

We have to survive the boiling heat for six months out of the year. We like to take snow days. :D

Pigtails Dec 8th 2005 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Leslie66
We have to survive the boiling heat for six months out of the year. We like to take snow days. :D

Do they give you those stupid tips in the Summer too then? Keep cool by putting on the air conditioning, or keeping a fan running. Drink lots of water, blah, blah, blah.

Leslie Dec 8th 2005 4:35 pm

Do they give you those stupid tips in the Summer too then? Keep cool by putting on the air conditioning, or keeping a fan running. Drink lots of water, blah, blah, blah.

Naw.... they just say, "That's what you get for living in a freaking oven dumbass."

gruffbrown Dec 8th 2005 4:37 pm

Don't sit it the fridge, don't put your head in a rotating fan, don't look directly at the sun with a telscope....

Manc Dec 8th 2005 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Leslie66

1/4 inch isn't a snow day here,

it's October.