Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Texas is closed

Texas is closed

Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:08 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Texas is closed

It got a bit cold and apparently they dont know how to throw grit on the major roads, so half of central Texas is shut down
Not that I care right now
I vaguely remember whole seasons of ice and all that back in jolly old Endland, and believe it or not, going to work too

Last edited by Chorlton; Dec 8th 2005 at 4:10 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Texas is closed

Originally Posted by Chorlton
It got a bit cold and apparently they dont know how to throw grit on the major roads, so half of central Texas is shut down
No that I care right now
I vaguely remember whole seasons of ice and all that back in jolly old Endland, and believe it or not, going to work too
Bunch of sissies here......
Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:03 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
Bunch of sissies here......
I don't have any comments to make about this thread topic -- I just had to tell you how cool I think your avatar is! Classic!!

~ Jenney
Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:04 pm
bright spark

I am sure its not easy being Texan in winter, seeing that every time you go over a bridge it warns you of the killer ice beast, they must pap there pants every time they go over a bridge or get the 9mm out and just kill the bugger. :scared:

Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:08 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
I don't have any comments to make about this thread topic -- I just had to tell you how cool I think your avatar is! Classic!!

~ Jenney

Thanks! Chorlton showed us how kids TV should be
Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:09 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

It's hilarious isn't it?
Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:09 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

I just got off the phone with someone in Dallas. He said they had 1/4 inch of icy snow, and so there's hardly anyone in the office today LOL!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:18 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pigtails
I just got off the phone with someone in Dallas. He said they had 1/4 inch of icy snow, and so there's hardly anyone in the office today LOL!

Nobody ever believes me when I tell them that Texas shuts down completely at the first whiff of snow.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:21 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

what a complete and utter bunch of mard arses.

"don't mess with Texas", what a crock of bollocks.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:22 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Same weather in SW Oklahoma - on the TV weather channel last night they issued a warning and advice on screen on how to keep warm.....lol! Something along these lines:

" 1.Wear several layers of clothing, 2.Cover your head, 3. Cover exposed skin" DOH! I'd never have thought of that!

Thank you Mummy!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:30 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Manc
what a complete and utter bunch of mard arses.

"don't mess with Texas", what a crock of bollocks.
We have to survive the boiling heat for six months out of the year. We like to take snow days.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:33 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Leslie66
We have to survive the boiling heat for six months out of the year. We like to take snow days.

Do they give you those stupid tips in the Summer too then? Keep cool by putting on the air conditioning, or keeping a fan running. Drink lots of water, blah, blah, blah.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:35 pm
WTF?

Do they give you those stupid tips in the Summer too then? Keep cool by putting on the air conditioning, or keeping a fan running. Drink lots of water, blah, blah, blah.
Naw.... they just say, "That's what you get for living in a freaking oven dumbass."
Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:37 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Don't sit it the fridge, don't put your head in a rotating fan, don't look directly at the sun with a telscope....
Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:38 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
1/4 inch isn't a snow day here,

it's October.

Last edited by Manc; Dec 8th 2005 at 4:43 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.