Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Terrorist Attacks in London

Terrorist Attacks in London

Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Terrorist Attacks in London

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
What do you mean lately?
I'm trying to play the video off the initial BBC news link but it's buffering and then stops, anyone else having problems?
probably because so many people are pecking at the streams that there just busy...
Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:07 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WarriorLife
I'm up for it if you are -- I'm more than happy to back up my no-BS blunt attitude in person. I'm proud of that feature - glad I don't fall in line with the soft PC crowd that has plagued modern society.
Yours is just another form of PC.

It always amused me that the non-conformists all conformed to the non-conformist uniform.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:07 pm
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Plant the bastards 6 feet under.
Watch out Scrumpy, they don't like logical talk here. Perhaps reword your post to say "Lay them gently underground beneath a layer of flowers and rose petals. Afterall we're all equal...now back to my emotional diatribes, and snooty comments about trolls."

You'll fit in much better!
Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:08 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Watch out Scrumpy, they don't like logical talk here. Perhaps reword your post to say "Lay them gently underground beneath a layer of flowers and rose petals. Afterall we're all equal...now back to my emotional diatribes, and snooty comments about trolls."

You'll fit in much better!
http://www.paxil.com/
Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:08 pm
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future

I don't comform to anything my friend...I am not some jaded subhuman rebel. I have an MA, a wife and daughter and a high paid career. Quite happy where I am and what I've earned. I just don't feel the need to water down my attitude, dilute my thoughts and censor my aggression for the likes of some halfwits on a forum.

London will be back on it's feet in no time, and the best of British to them.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:11 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Perhaps Ritalin would be a more appropriate medication
Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:13 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dbickle
Perhaps Ritalin would be a more appropriate medication
I'll gladly go on those medications when you lot grow some balls and get get some intelligence, debating skills, attitude and learn to interest me.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I don't comform to anything my friend...I am not some jaded subhuman rebel. I have an MA, a wife and daughter and a high paid career. Quite happy where I am and what I've earned. I just don't feel the need to water down my attitude, dilute my thoughts and censor my aggression for the likes of some halfwits on a forum.

I think someone suggested the TIO forum...perhaps that's more up your alley. As far as halfwits, perhaps you should take a look at yourself. And guess what, a MA doesn't make you superior, nor intelligent.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:15 pm
ImHere

I'll gladly go on those medications when you lot grow some balls and get get some intelligence, debating skills, attitude and learn to interest me.
out of interest why should anyone have to "learn to interest you"?

Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

gloria is an unknown quantity at this point

BBC are now saying 37 confirmed dead
Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:18 pm
Banned

Listen to you all - all high and mighty, telling me to post elsewhere and calling me a troll....but then turning around and dishing out equal insults and jibes. This whole thing started because I presented you all with some no-bullshit comments and opinions, and you were too weak and PC to accept them. So you whined and cried, and stomped your little feet.

You are the most boring, diluted, bland people I've ever know - I'm ashamed that you are my fellow countrymen and even more ashamed that you were given visas. I'm surprised you havn't put the US to sleep with your pathetic, conformist "with the grain" opinions. The US is slowly falling apart due to censorhip, editing, political correctness and propaganda for society that is timid, malleable and easily led. And you lot all fit quite nicely. Anyway says boo or a cuss word, and you cry.

Ridiculous.

My condolences to the 37 victims.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:20 pm
ImHere

Listen to you all - all high and mighty, telling me to post elsewhere and calling me a troll....but then turning around and dishing out equal insults and jibes. This whole thing started because I presented you all with some no-bullshit comments and opinions, and you were too weak and PC to accept them. So you whined and cried, and stomped your little feet.

You are the most boring, diluted, bland people I've ever know - I'm ashamed that you are my fellow countrymen and even more ashamed that you were given visas. I'm surprised you havn't put the US to sleep with your pathetic, conformist "with the grain" opinions.
Well thanks for that, but I dont remember whining, crying or stomping my feet. Actually Im one of the most opinionated people I know but I also have some sense of decorum and timing and prefer not to just incessantly rant when its not required.

The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

We all know that London will be okay, it's the fate of a few individuals that worry many of us.
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
As I posted elsewhere, this is a miscalculation by the perpertrators. They badly misjudged the British mentality. Britain and the British are always at their best when we have our backs to the wall and all this will do is increase British resolve. We have lived through years of terrorism and our cities mass bombed and we didnt flinch then. We wont flinch now.
Excellent and Karma worthy if I didn't have to spread it about more.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:23 pm
ImHere

... Anyway says boo or a cuss word, and you cry.

Ridiculous.
You really should read some of the threads in TIO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.