Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Teenagers adapting to life in the US

Wikiposts

Teenagers adapting to life in the US

Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:16 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teenagers adapting to life in the US

Originally Posted by woodsey
We have decided as a way of saying thanks to her for trying to understand how we feel that we're going to let her go back to the UK for 10 days over spring break, hopefully this might make her feel happier, we then have family coming here in May and June then we go back to the UK again for 3 weeks in July, then 2 of her UK friends come here for 3 weeks, then she is going to Hawaii for a week with a Swiss friend so when we pointed this out to her I think she realised that maybe life isn't too bad..but we'll see
can you be my mommy?
Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:20 am
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

If it's any consolation, you can tell her that I am 34 and still blame my unhappiness and failure to settle on missing my friends!
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
can you be my mommy?

awww, anytime bob..
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:18 pm
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
can you be my mommy?
You're a bit old for breast feeding though Bob!
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bored-silly
PMSL
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bored-silly
never....
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Woodsey/ Eskimo, Glad you were able to talk with your daughter. It sounds like you all have a busy time coming up. I'm sure after all that, she will really realise what she has and how fortunate she is to have two wonderful parents that care. If she looks hard enough around her, I'm sure she'll find loads of friends who don't have the relationship with their parents that you give her and one day she'll be very thankful for it.

I know my 18 year old has given us some vile times in the past years, thankfully he has straightened up now, and he realises what side his breads buttered. In fact, now he's threatening to live with us until he's 26!!! :scared: My fifteen year old knows too... but we all have rough days. It's part of life, here, there, everywhere I think
Old Mar 27th 2005, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

lolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond repute

I second that one !! my eldest was a nightmare. I was so pleased the day he finished school - no more phone calls can answer the phone now !! He is now 21 and has joined the US Air Force and is taking classes to get his degree as fast as he can even wants to become an Officer !! Husband is retired AF. We had suggested to him for years he should join but NO then one day he decided maybe it was a good idea. He is off to Italy this summer for 3 years and cannot wait.
They all go through the "Kevin the Teenager" years, as one of my friends put it they look like their family has been wiped out with no insurance left for them !!Good luck - it DOES get better, once they hit 18 you even find you like them.