Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Teaching in US

Teaching in US

Old Aug 24th 2008, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

megasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nice
Default Re: Teaching in US

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
I was just thinking, as the kids are adults, why don't they try for visas in their own right? Say, plan to join you in a few years time. I must admit I do not understand why they have to come with you.....I understand of course that some people have disabilities requiring carers, but I dont think this is the case in this situation? I mean at 21, your kids support themselves, cook for themselves, do all their own laundry, housework and maintain their own finances right?

They still live at home. I would not throw them out.

They would be applying in their own right but as F1 students, going to college then Uni.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I presume you know the cost of International Tuition Fees.

F1 is also a non Immigrant Visa, could be questions as they live at home, which would be in the US.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

megasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nice

Originally Posted by Boiler
I presume you know the cost of International Tuition Fees.

F1 is also a non Immigrant Visa, could be questions as they live at home, which would be in the US.
Yes I know, have already done it. Thats why we would be applying first from the UK.

Sue
Old Aug 24th 2008, 6:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megasue
They still live at home. I would not throw them out.
You getting on with your life is not throwing them out, surely!
Old Aug 24th 2008, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
You getting on with your life is not throwing them out, surely!
No, if all I wanted to do was 'get on with my life', but I dont.

The reason I first decided to move to US was because of one of my sons getting glassed in the face 3 years ago. I want all of us to make a new start, not just me.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 7:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

No, if all I wanted to do was 'get on with my life', but I dont.

The reason I first decided to move to US was because of one of my sons getting glassed in the face 3 years ago. I want all of us to make a new start, not just me.
That must have been very distressing for all involved. However, your son is an adult now (and has been for several years). It's time for him to stand on his own two feet, to learn to manage his own life and time for you to stop running after him. He'll let you do everything for him, and never learn for himself.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

That must have been very distressing for all involved. However, your son is an adult now (and has been for several years). It's time for him to stand on his own two feet, to learn to manage his own life and time for you to stop running after him. He'll let you do everything for him, and never learn for himself.

I have 2 sons the one mentioned above has now gone to manage a pub locally and is standing on his own 2 feet.
Because we would ALL like to live in Florida does not mean I am running after him all the time.

If you talked to other people on this forum who have left their children at home, I am sure you would find out that if they had had a choice they would rather their children be with them.

In my case I am lucky, my kids want to be in the US too.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I have 2 sons the one mentioned above has now gone to manage a pub locally and is standing on his own 2 feet.
Because we would ALL like to live in Florida does not mean I am running after him all the time.

If you talked to other people on this forum who have left their children at home, I am sure you would find out that if they had had a choice they would rather their children be with them.

In my case I am lucky, my kids want to be in the US too.
OK. It does sound to me that you are putting all the effort in though. Do they come on BE? Or go onto other boards like BE?
Old Aug 24th 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

OK. It does sound to me that you are putting all the effort in though. Do they come on BE? Or go onto other boards like BE?
They go on thefloridaforums.

Thats my main board too really, as I have met quite a few people on there, all of which have travelled my 4 year journey of ups and downs with me.