Taxing time

Old Mar 21st 2006, 4:18 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Taxing time

Well it's arrived, it's accountant day today. I refuse to go, because Steve my accountant puts me into a coma everytime I talk to him, "Compound this", "Fiscal that" The burden of this little foray into the exciting world of accounting falls squarely on the Widows shoulders, bless her cotton socks. I will be available at the end of the phone to answer exciting little questions about what my average mileage for business purposes only was. And also to instantly extract vital information from my cross referenced/cross indexed filing system otherwise known as 'Gruffs shoebox' I am the most disorganised person I know, so my hat goes off to dull Steve for saving me a few pennies and I look forward to the nice cheque courtesy of Uncle Sam.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 4:24 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taxing time

[QUOTE=gruffbrown]Well it's arrived, it's accountant day today. QUOTE]

Every night, after the kids are in bed, we say tonights the night (tax that is). Then we open the study door, confront the mountain of boxes unpacked since we moved house 3 months ago, knowing that somewhere in that mountain is most of the info we need for the tax return. So every night, we quietly close the door, sneak off to the fridge for a beer, and promise we'll do it tomorrow night....I figure theres 23 more"tomorrow nights" before we have to panic....at least i made the first step 5 nights ago - installed turbotax, and even so taxing, I awarded myself a beer and the rest of the night off!
Old Mar 21st 2006, 4:25 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Yorkieabroad]
Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Well it's arrived, it's accountant day today. QUOTE]

Every night, after the kids are in bed, we say tonights the night (tax that is). Then we open the study door, confront the mountain of boxes unpacked since we moved house 3 months ago, knowing that somewhere in that mountain is most of the info we need for the tax return. So every night, we quietly close the door, sneak off to the fridge for a beer, and promise we'll do it tomorrow night....I figure theres 23 more"tomorrow nights" before we have to panic....at least i made the first step 5 nights ago - installed turbotax, and even so taxing, I awarded myself a beer and the rest of the night off!
Sounds like my kind of plan
Old Mar 21st 2006, 4:30 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

I have never known, nor will I ever do, understand what drives a person to be an accountant.

My simplistic (accounting) brain works like this:

(1) Earn money
(2) Spend money
(3) Play with what you spent the money on.

Thats it. I cannot under any circumstances force myself to make financial matters more complicated. My brain wont do it.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 4:35 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Yorkieabroad]
Well it's arrived, it's accountant day today. QUOTE]

Not just me then! I have a hangover from drinking to avoid the paperwork that I designated to be done yesterday.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 4:38 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

When in Rome....

The American Way is to wait until 11.30 p.m. on April 15th, drive like a bat outta heck (live in the south can't say hell ) down to the 24hr Post Office, and have it stamped then.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 4:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
When in Rome....

The American Way is to wait until 11.30 p.m. on April 15th, drive like a bat outta heck (live in the south can't say hell ) down to the 24hr Post Office, and have it stamped then.
You missed the 'wait in line for hours' bit out.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I have never known, nor will I ever do, understand what drives a person to be an accountant.
It has to be genetic. "When I grow up I want to be an Astronaut or a Firefighter or discover a cure for cancer, what about you Steve?

"Well I've always quite fancied working 18 hour days in March and April and discovering peoples Fiscal anomolies and the forms..... Oh how I love the forms, A5961 parts 1 and 2, 1088s, it really gets my juices flowing"
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:28 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

It has to be genetic.

As a student astrologer I reckon it's all down to a surfeit of Saturn and Capricorn with a hefty dose of Virgo thrown in.

My contribution to our tax return was a tatty bit of paper with two columns of figures - one headed State Pension, the other Civil Service Pension, and a PS at the bottom: interest on savings. That's it, I said. There ain't no more.
The lady from HR Block was on the phone next day.......
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:42 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

It has to be genetic. "When I grow up I want to be an Astronaut or a Firefighter or discover a cure for cancer, what about you Steve?

"Well I've always quite fancied working 18 hour days in March and April and discovering peoples Fiscal anomolies and the forms..... Oh how I love the forms, A5961 parts 1 and 2, 1088s, it really gets my juices flowing"
Actually now you come to mention the A5981 Part 2....is that the one in triplicate with the pink and yellow parts.....mmmmm yeah baby.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:51 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Well I love the tax man here he gives me everything back As for accounting it's not that bad three months a years work the rest of the year off sounds better than two weeks off a year.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 6:25 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas

(1) Earn money
(2) Spend money
(3) Play with what you spent the money on.

Thats it. I cannot under any circumstances force myself to make financial matters more complicated. My brain wont do it.

(1) Earn money
(2) Wife Spends money
(3) Play with Wife
Old Mar 21st 2006, 6:52 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Eskimo

(1) Earn money
(2) Wife Spends money
(3) Play with Wife
God bless you
Old Mar 21st 2006, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
When in Rome....

Or file for an extension. Wonder if there's a hitch to filing for an extension.....better find out soonish.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 11:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo

(1) Earn money
(2) Wife Spends money
(3) Play with Wife
Your company does your taxes, don't they?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.