Reload this Page >

Talking of stupid signs !

Wikiposts

Talking of stupid signs !

Old Jun 16th 2007, 1:47 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Talking of stupid signs !

Not really stupid, but funny.
This Church in FlagStaff AZ is on the corner of Cherry and Beaver, and apparently you shouldn't enter beaver - you can't make this up.
My wife used to live in Flagstaff in her younger days and told me about this place, I insisted we visit to take a photo when we passed through back in 2005.

oh, and why the heck did the paint the church pink???
Attached Thumbnails Talking of stupid signs !-dscf1340.jpg.jpg  
Old Jun 16th 2007, 1:54 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

One of my personal favourites is one I posted on here a couple of years ago.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255956
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mandana
Don't suppose it might have occurred to you some might have taken offence?
I had hoped someone did.

The lack of emoticon ( or ) dictates you were serious
As it should.

Well I found it funny, but my H who is from there, didn't

(which I thought odd as he's the most laid back person I know, but obviously hit a nerve!)
Ahh The typical Yorkshire sense of humour......nonexistant.

Originally Posted by Thydney
Has it ever occurred to you he was serious?
You know me too well

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
It occurred to me that that was his intention?
You knew damn well it was....because if I hadn't said ....you would've.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
Because a sign saying 65 or 70 miles TO Sheffield or Rotherham would depress the shit out of motorists and make them suicidal..Whereas signs saying 65 or 70 miles FROM Sheffield or Rotherham would be almost orgasmic.
I know you don't mean that.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:39 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I know you don't mean that.
It (more than) appears he does.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
It (more than) appears he does.
Nope...he just likes people to think...he's mean and nasty.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:52 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Nope...he just likes people to think...he's mean and nasty.
Yeah, he likes them to think it....because it's true!