Reload this Page >

Taking our pet to America

Taking our pet to America

Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

StephInUK is on a distinguished road
Smile Taking our pet to America

Hello,

Can anyone direct me to where I can find information about taking our cat with us to the US.

Thanks!
Steph
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Girona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Taking our pet to America

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...h_text=animals

I brought my dog and chinchilla. BA were wonderful with both. We didn't need to get any shots for either - since the UK is a rabies-free country it wasn't necessary. All that was required was a "certificate of good health" from our local vet, which was no problem. No record of vaccinations was needed, nothing like that.

However, once we got here the dog was required to have a rabies shot, for his own protection.

It wasn't difficult at all and, in fact, it got me through immigration at the POE quicker too! The BA person in charge of animals told the immigration person that they had to get me done quickly, because these animals had been on a long flight and needed to get out of the carriers! lol We actually left the immigration side-office with the person responsible for the pets.

Originally Posted by StephInUK
Hello,

Can anyone direct me to where I can find information about taking our cat with us to the US.

Thanks!
Steph
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

StephInUK is on a distinguished road

This is great news!!! Thanks. We didn't want to leave him behind.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Girona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant future

Absolutely Not! I wouldn't have wanted to leave my pets behind either - they are part of the family.

I was worried sick about them, being in the cargo hold, the entire trip, but they really didn't seem bothered by it at all. They were loaded at the very last minute - I saw them being loaded from the window. The Cargo folks at BA were so kind and really put the care of the animals first.

When I met with my, then, fiancee at the airport in Dulles and we were able to get the dog out of his carrier, the first thing he did was pee on the tyre of a Virginia State Police car! lol

Anyway, hope kitty has a good flight when the time comes!

Originally Posted by StephInUK
This is great news!!! Thanks. We didn't want to leave him behind.